Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by idontwan2know View Post
    Both sides of this debate are guilty of the same thing: Extrapolating their personal experience over the rest of the user base.

The Pre has an ample share of kinks, but with expansion to Verizon and AT&T on tap for 2010, there is less "trouble" than some would like to imply. Palm just needs a lifeblood of continuing sales to enable them to continue to develop and refine WebOS. Expansion onto other networks will provide this.

Remember what the phone is called. It is merely the first foray into the WebOS world. Compared to the first iPhone and Android phones, it's doing just fine. WebOS has far more room for expansion and improvement in the next year...Apple and Android have both picked all their low hanging fruit and now are going to have to tackle cloud integration, synergy, multitasking and significantly revamped notification systems. All of those are going to take significant time and resources just to match what WebOS already does.

Palm's roadmap should allow for much faster development and more of the flashy (pun intended) big ticket improvements that look good in commercials. Better games through OpenGL, better apps as the SDK develops, etc.
    Android already multitasks better than the Pre, the memory and battery management on Android while running multiple apps is unparalleled. Android 2.0's synergy is also already better than the Pre's, it doesn't suffer from Palm Profile failure, because you don't need to set up a profile, you just set up your facebook and gmail accounts as you would on your Pre, it's simple, it works, and doesn't rely on servers that will lose your data, instead it relies on the much more reliable Facebook and Gmail servers. The Android notification system is also quite great, TBH. It's not that different from the Pre's, it's just on the top of the screen, not the bottom, and they don't get in the way, at all, notifications don't even change the geometry of the screen, a definite plus compared to the Pre.
    Right, because Facebook and Gmail are the only services that people need synergy with!
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    Droid has over 1 million phones out there already, in one month. The Pre has had posts like this when there was only 100000 phones out there. You must not have looked very hard, I've got 27 posts on the Droid forum, only been there 11 days. You also found 1 complaint thread, there may be a few more, tops, but it's nowhere near as widespread as the Pre. The Pre, as a product, is not doing well.
    wow 27 posts in 11 days, you do post a lot.

as for the pre having those posts at 100000 simply untrue, and how do you explain 3 people on the 4th droid. btw please check out the droid forums for complaints both before and fter 2.0.1, the update caused problems, with gmaps, yahoo mail etc..... again move on, I hope you have more luck with your droid then you had with your pre, but please stop spamming, you don't even own a pre anymore.
    Right, because Facebook and Gmail are the only services that people need synergy with!
    +1 and
    @elaysin I didn't know I lost my facebook and gmail data when I messed up my palm profile, my data is safely stored in facebook and gmails servers if I have a pre or not.

besides the fact that its doesn't take me an hour to set up my pre if I get a new one (have two so far, so that my wife can play word whirl ) my apps just come right back.

some people love their droids the guy who's upto his 4th can already get his phone setup in under an hour WOW
    I agree, you have a droid, put you hang out a precentral.net, since android has so many apps, I am sure they have an app that can find you a good shrink and get to the real issues on why you are so unhappy. LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by abegee View Post
    wow 27 posts in 11 days, you do post a lot.

as for the pre having those posts at 100000 simply untrue, and how do you explain 3 people on the 4th droid. btw please check out the droid forums for complaints both before and fter 2.0.1, the update caused problems, with gmaps, yahoo mail etc..... again move on, I hope you have more luck with your droid then you had with your pre, but please stop spamming, you don't even own a pre anymore.
    I like the concept of WebOS, and feel that it has promise, and want to observe its progress. You're not gonna drive me away from posting here, so stop wasting your time trying.
    True, Android does so much more as well, Exchange support that actually works for one.
    I like the concept of WebOS, and feel that it has promise, and want to observe its progress. You're not gonna drive me away from posting here, so stop wasting your time trying.
    its a free country, I will not drive you away I'm not even trying to do that, all I'm saying is stop complaining about a phone you don't even own anymore.

PS. how long do you think it will take you to get fed up with your droid and get a different phone maybe even a PRE good luck with your new phone have fun with it.

P.S. do the shutter and flash now work in sync on the droid, or was that not fixed in the update?
    its a free country, I will not drive you away I'm not even trying to do that, all I'm saying is stop complaining about a phone you don't even own anymore.

PS. how long do you think it will take you to get fed up with your droid and get a different phone maybe even a PRE good luck with your new phone have fun with it.

P.S. do the shutter and flash now work in sync on the droid, or was that not fixed in the update?
    The camera issue was fixed in the 2.0.1 update released on Friday, the same one you say has so many issues. Theres no way I'll get fed up with the Droid, it's such a solid phone, I couldn't see it ever needing to be replaced. If I go through 7 Droids in 6 months though, I'd definitely reconsider, but the software on the Droid is second to none. The problem with the Pre forums, and why I keep posting about this stuff is, the people who will defend it to the death, Stockholm Syndrome if you will. Same type of thing happens with the iPhone, we all know it's not the best phone ever, but people want it to be the best phone so badly, they will defend it, and it's happening all over the place here, and on a much more flawed product.
    The camera issue was fixed in the 2.0.1 update released on Friday, the same one you say has so many issues. Theres no way I'll get fed up with the Droid, it's such a solid phone, I couldn't see it ever needing to be replaced. If I go through 7 Droids in 6 months though, I'd definitely reconsider, but the software on the Droid is second to none. The problem with the Pre forums, and why I keep posting about this stuff is, the people who will defend it to the death, Stockholm Syndrome if you will. Same type of thing happens with the iPhone, we all know it's not the best phone ever, but people want it to be the best phone so badly, they will defend it, and it's happening all over the place here, and on a much more flawed product.
    "MUCH MORE FLAWED" ok so at least your not denying the droid has flaws, why don't you google "droid exchange issues" and see what comes up.

oh and that syndrome you mentioned, its catching on at the DROID forums

again enjoy your new phone.

PS. you didn't explain how you lost your gmail/facebook/exchange data due to the palm profile .
    Last edited by abegee; 12/14/2009 at 10:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ponyfool View Post
    The difference is, people who come here are not "normal" users, people who come here are wanting MORE out of their phone.
    Ding Ding!!! We have a winner.

It's not that hard to figure out. Most people that invest the time and effort to frequent this site/forum are heavy users or users looking for more from their phone.

If you do not think the Pre has some significant weaknesses and/or missing features when compared to other top end phones on the market, you are misinformed or uneducated about the other offerings or you are simply happy in your own little phone nirvana.

Which is fine... for you...
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Everyone has their opinions, whether they be positive or negative for Palm. Each persons perception is their reality based on THEIR experiences (bad luck in getting a bad phone, good luck in getting a great phone). Just like with most things, opinions are on both sides of the fence with reality being somewhere in between.

Palm m100 => Palm IIIx => Palm Zire 72 => Cingular Treo 650 => Sprint Palm 700p (w/755 ROM) => Sprint Palm 755p => Sprint Palm Centro => Sprint Palm Pre => Sprint FrankenPre Plus => Franken Palm Pre 2 on Sprint w/ working Nav and Sprint TV!

Family lines: Wife => Palm Centro Daughter => Palm Pixi

Living the Palm brand since 1999....and that's gotten me this!?
    RIP Palm OS and WebOS
    +1 and
    @elaysin I didn't know I lost my facebook and gmail data when I messed up my palm profile, my data is safely stored in facebook and gmails servers if I have a pre or not.

besides the fact that its doesn't take me an hour to set up my pre if I get a new one (have two so far, so that my wife can play word whirl ) my apps just come right back.

some people love their droids the guy who's upto his 4th can already get his phone setup in under an hour WOW
    If you replace your Pre and everything just comes right back... you are using a stock Pre.

If that is the case you have very low expectations for a high end smartphone.

Without patches, homebrew apps and even possibly rooting... The Pre is significantly lacking when compared to other devices.

This hombrew / webOS community is the only thing that makes the Pre come even close to being competitive to other phone offerings.

Take the goggles off my friend... there is a whole world to be experienced...
    Last edited by gmanvbva; 12/14/2009 at 10:58 AM.
    True, Android does so much more as well, Exchange support that actually works for one.
    That business users pay $15 a month for.

As for "actually working" a google search for "Motorola Droid exchange calendar support" yields a plethora of interesting results, including the second one, which I would link to if the forum would allow it.

Headline: First look: Motorola Droid, HTC Droid Eris are risky for business

Subheader: Exchange mail policy support iffy, and security and configurability are subpar

Let's not forget that exchange email and calendars are separate apps, rather than all combined into one as on the Pre. Having to open separate apps to view information is the very antithesis of synergy.
    "MUCH MORE FLAWED" ok so at least your not denying the droid has flaws, why don't you google "droid exchange issues" and see what comes up.

oh and that syndrome you mentioned, its catching on at the DROID forums

again enjoy your new phone.

PS. you didn't explain how you lost your gmail/facebook/exchange data due to the palm profile .
    You could google "**insert anything** exchange issue" and come up with a million results.
    It has the largest cooperate install base for a messaging system in the world. It currently accounts for almost 40% of corporate email systems. And that percentage of market penetration is growing every year for the past 7-8 years. The next closest is Lotus Notes down in low teens (13% in 2009) which is losing market share every year...

Neither webOS nor Android are near the top for exchange support... Nor are either ideal for a strictly business environment. Especially from a security stand point.
    Last edited by gmanvbva; 12/14/2009 at 11:00 AM.
    Lots of good points made in this thread.

People are Praising & Ranting in Apple forums.
    People are Praising & Ranting in Droid forums.

Like so many here; I don't want to see this placed reduced to that.

Let's get back to helping one another as a support forum should be.

We aren't PreFan|Central,
    and we aren't PreRant|Central.

Many, Many long time members here, and even many more new, have and continue to make this a great place to 'Discuss.'

<<closed>>
    Just call me Berd.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123