Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 56
  1. MedicX's Avatar
    Posts
    111 Posts
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by leroove View Post
    It's a open forum for a reason.
    If you don't like it, don't read it.

    People will post whatever they feel like. Just like you did when you decided to pick on the negative reviewers. Are you a Palm employee? Then why do you defend it so much?
    See, the argument could go either way. :P
    it could, but you're being annoying. he was just saying that the negativity bombards the forum. members need to keep issues and problem just that- and there should be one thread for personal reviews- good or bad.
    Lovin' the Pre. Love It.
  2. #22  
    Yup, seems like I'm the ONLY one who LOVES the Pre.
    Dave
    Sprint Pre User Who LOVED his Pre but left for a more supported phone (EVO Shift)...maybe one day Sprint & HP will see the light and bring us a great 4g capable Pre replacement!
  3. plcd22's Avatar
    Posts
    243 Posts
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    #23  
    I have mixed emotions on all this stuff... I really like my Pre and enjoy this forum. I do get annoyed with all the people saying "I am fed up with Palm" or "I am leaving and not looking back". Yes there are issues with the Pre but seriously the people having MOST of the problems are people who are "Doing Stuff" the their Pre... If you take it out of the box and don't tweak it or "Modify" it besides changing the "wallpaper" then I can't recall seeing any problems. And of course this is a forum for people who are doing that kinda stuff. It is a given, if you are a "Power User" and not just the average person you can expect to have issues with any piece of tech, because we are "Pushing" it to see what it can do.

    All that being said I would like to see a change in the "attitude" towards the Pre, which I believe will happen with time! At least I hope so!!!! But I am also NOT leaving it because of it! Their is a WEALTH of information on here that I wouldn't want to trade for anything. Sometimes you got to take the good with the bad
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by plcd22 View Post
    I have mixed emotions on all this stuff... I really like my Pre and enjoy this forum. I do get annoyed with all the people saying "I am fed up with Palm" or "I am leaving and not looking back". Yes there are issues with the Pre but seriously the people having MOST of the problems are people who are "Doing Stuff" the their Pre... If you take it out of the box and don't tweak it or "Modify" it besides changing the "wallpaper" then I can't recall seeing any problems. And of course this is a forum for people who are doing that kinda stuff. It is a given, if you are a "Power User" and not just the average person you can expect to have issues with any piece of tech, because we are "Pushing" it to see what it can do.

    All that being said I would like to see a change in the "attitude" towards the Pre, which I believe will happen with time! At least I hope so!!!! But I am also NOT leaving it because of it! Their is a WEALTH of information on here that I wouldn't want to trade for anything. Sometimes you got to take the good with the bad
    Tweaking has nothing to do with the blatant hardware issues I and many others have had.
  5. WyreNut's Avatar
    Posts
    123 Posts
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    #25  
    Forum data is almost always going to be skewed to the negative. This is true for support forums for anything manufactured by humans! Be it phones, cars, or flower pots, they will mostly be populated by users with problems and who are technically savvy enough to type and click "Submit".

    The happy masses of users of any said device have no reason to "report in".

    Can you imagine someone rating the Human Race by touring a local Hospital? "OMG!!! EVERYONE HERE IS SICK AND/OR DYING! We're all DOOMED!!!"

    WyreNut
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by WyreNut View Post
    Forum data is almost always going to be skewed to the negative. This is true for support forums for anything manufactured by humans! Be it phones, cars, or flower pots, they will mostly be populated by users with problems and who are technically savvy enough to type and click "Submit".

    The happy masses of users of any said device have no reason to "report in".

    Can you imagine someone rating the Human Race by touring a local Hospital? "OMG!!! EVERYONE HERE IS SICK AND/OR DYING! We're all DOOMED!!!"

    WyreNut
    It's more true on forums where the piece of hardware is junk. Go look on the droid forums and tell me they're skewed more towards the negative, or the iphone forums, or the g1, or mytouch, or htc hero, etc, none is as negative as this forum, and this piece of hardware doesn't even have the market share of any of those devices.

    The way to tell when a piece of hardware sucks is posts like yours, they are more common here than any forum I post on.
  7. urkel's Avatar
    Posts
    944 Posts
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    It's more true on forums where the piece of hardware is junk. Go look on the droid forums and tell me they're skewed more towards the negative, or the iphone forums, or the g1, or mytouch, or htc hero, etc, none is as negative as this forum, and this piece of hardware doesn't even have the market share of any of those devices.
    Exactly. There are some people who try to paint the "complainers" to have some sort of hidden agenda or are pre haters. But they completely ignore the fact that just about every person here are PRE OWNERS who want nothing more than for the Pre to work without excuses.

    Blaming the USERS for the negativity is ridiculous when the problem clearly is the product itself. If yours worked perfect since Jun7 then thats awesome but not everyone is as lucky (or as forgiving) so theres no need to have hurt feelings over other peoples problems.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    Most people don't post on forums unless they have something to complain about. Always remember that.
    what he said ^

    almost everybody I know that ever uses a forum (besides myself) think that they are only a place to come when you have problems

    the only forums you will find without these types of people are ones who have very strict rules and mods who actively enforce them.
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by erikgolson View Post
    what he said ^

    almost everybody I know that ever uses a forum (besides myself) think that they are only a place to come when you have problems

    the only forums you will find without these types of people are ones who have very strict rules and mods who actively enforce them.
    +1 its always the vocal minority who is overheard over the silent majority
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    It's more true on forums where the piece of hardware is junk. Go look on the droid forums and tell me they're skewed more towards the negative, or the iphone forums, or the g1, or mytouch, or htc hero, etc, none is as negative as this forum, and this piece of hardware doesn't even have the market share of any of those devices.

    The way to tell when a piece of hardware sucks is posts like yours, they are more common here than any forum I post on.
    well you don't post much on the droid forum (1post so far), I actually took you up on the offer and checked out the droid forum here is your twin a guy who's upto his 4th droid and he has quite a few others also on there 3rd or 4th http://forum.androidcentral.com/moto...ere-we-go.html

    can anyone remind me how long the droid is out?? .

    to all the others here, all cellphone forums are mostly negative due to the facts already mentioned by others, such as vocal minortys, minortys who like getting the best out of their phone and expect it to do everything etc etc.
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    I want a phone that I don't have to warranty exchange every month. The Pre couldn't provide that, and it wasn't just because I was "picky".
    There are a lot of palm ******* here who won't listen to a shred of constructive criticism here.

    Its either " you like the pre or you're an apple fan", which is really foolish.
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    There are a lot of palm ******* here who won't listen to a shred of constructive criticism here.
    I read that as There are a lot of palm HATERS here who won't listen to a shred of constructive criticism here.

    the critcism being stop griping and move on.

    Its either " you like the pre or you're an apple fan", which is really foolish.
    I don't think that's true, I think you either like your pre OR YOU DONT like it, and for that reason your getting a different phone, which is not a problem, UNLESS you continue griping and complaining after you've sold your pre and moved on (like elysian did, read his posts since he's dropped the pre)

    I don't mind constructive criticism, but continueous complaints by someone who's dropped the pre are just boring, ( and stupid ),

    BTW read the droid forums the complaints are coming in real quick, like the guy upto his 4th droid and things breaking after the 2.0.1 update, its all the same. so stop complaining and move on, if you have a problem with your phone mention it people here try to help, but don't go on complaing about it for ever.
  13. d.moss's Avatar
    Posts
    541 Posts
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    #33  
    before complaining, there are two words that one must remember at this stage of the game.. early adopter..
    this is a brand new os that is shaped unlike any other smartphone os that is out.. so therefore there are bound to be bumps in the road. know what you're getting yourself into before you purchase a 1st gen device/platform. palm decided to think outside of the box and i truly believe webOS will be a top platform in the very near future.. so remember, early adopters, if you've adopted and are disappointed cause this phone didn't meet your needs, move on. no need to tell the world, its just a phone. move on to something that suits your needs. just make sure you do your research this time.
  14. #34  
    Im tired of these threads complaining about peoples opinions.
    People dont want perfection but many of us have had a smartphone for years now. We have higher expectations than others...while others are new to the smartphone world.

    If you dont like it stop visiting the forum!
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by lacienega View Post
    im tired of these threads complaining about peoples opinions.
    People dont want perfection but many of us have had a smartphone for years now. We have higher expectations than others...while others are new to the smartphone world.

    If you dont like it stop visiting the forum!
    +100000000000000000
    Emphasis on the word FORUM.
    Even the title and url of this page says FORUM.
    If you want a fan club, where nobody expects any improvement to an unfinished product, then go to one.. or better yet, start one yourself. It's the least you could do for your beloved phone.
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 12/14/2009 at 07:13 AM.
  16. #36  
    I agree to with the OP. All the negatives on this forums do get tiring. Before the release of the Pre I checked this forum constantly, now it's a waste of time. It's either negative comments or lazy people asking repetitive questions that have already been answered elsewhere. If you want the perfect phone, or the best phone, or an IPhone then go someplace else! If you like something that is a work in progress, don't mind not having most everything you demand instantly, or like to see technology evolve in your hand then this is the phone for you. I for one am happy. Not one issue with this phone is a deal breaker for me. Will it be the phone I go to my grave with? No. I'm happy with it. Thanks Palm for bringing something to the market that isn't an IPhone, is pretty slick and does what I need. Good job, and much success in the future. Merry Christmas!
  17. Lemstil's Avatar
    Posts
    118 Posts
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    #37  
    Not much to add to what's already said here, I'm afraid.
    I am one of those who found the very first experiences with Pre a disappointment, actually, but after a while grew to like it.
    The whole concept is so much different compared to the phones I have used before. That's why I needed some time to get accustomed to. After that, its been fun.

    I aggree that there are many posts I find of no value to me, or to almost any other Pre owner. Yet, word is free here, isn't it? Criticism must be allowed in order to find out if there were real issues in earnest to be dealt with.
    It is quite rare thing people come to write in a forum like this if they don't have any issues with the phone. If you have everything sorted, why bother?
  18. #38  
    The conspiracy theorist in me thinks the "hater threads" are iPhone and Andriod reps trying to push people away. But I digress.
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by abegee View Post
    well you don't post much on the droid forum (1post so far), I actually took you up on the offer and checked out the droid forum here is your twin a guy who's upto his 4th droid and he has quite a few others also on there 3rd or 4th http://forum.androidcentral.com/moto...ere-we-go.html

    can anyone remind me how long the droid is out?? .

    to all the others here, all cellphone forums are mostly negative due to the facts already mentioned by others, such as vocal minortys, minortys who like getting the best out of their phone and expect it to do everything etc etc.
    Droid has over 1 million phones out there already, in one month. The Pre has had posts like this when there was only 100000 phones out there. You must not have looked very hard, I've got 27 posts on the Droid forum, only been there 11 days. You also found 1 complaint thread, there may be a few more, tops, but it's nowhere near as widespread as the Pre. The Pre, as a product, is not doing well.
  20. #40  
    Both sides of this debate are guilty of the same thing: Extrapolating their personal experience over the rest of the user base.

    The Pre has an ample share of kinks, but with expansion to Verizon and AT&T on tap for 2010, there is less "trouble" than some would like to imply. Palm just needs a lifeblood of continuing sales to enable them to continue to develop and refine WebOS. Expansion onto other networks will provide this.

    Remember what the phone is called. It is merely the first foray into the WebOS world. Compared to the first iPhone and Android phones, it's doing just fine. WebOS has far more room for expansion and improvement in the next year...Apple and Android have both picked all their low hanging fruit and now are going to have to tackle cloud integration, synergy, multitasking and significantly revamped notification systems. All of those are going to take significant time and resources just to match what WebOS already does.

    Palm's roadmap should allow for much faster development and more of the flashy (pun intended) big ticket improvements that look good in commercials. Better games through OpenGL, better apps as the SDK develops, etc.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions