Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    Every damn day now I will miss calls because the phone simply will not ring. I will go to my phone only to see that I have missed a call. Only thing that fixes it is a restart. This has been happening since the 1.3.1 update. it needs to be fixed fast because it's a huge nuisance.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    This was happening to my wife's Centro for a long time. Finally took it in to a Sprint repair center. Nothing wrong with the hardware, so they suspended her account for a few minutes and then reactivated the account. No problems since then. Keeping my fingers crossed as it has only been a few days.

YMMV.
    It may seem like I am doing nothing, but on a cellular level I'm really quite busy.
    throw ur pre at the wall, to release some anger. Then you call asurion to replace it (assuning you have insurance) or buy a new one. Or you can call sprint see which direction to point you to.
    Sounds like your hardware with the phone thinking it is in headphone mode. Plug in your headset and then unplug it or look at the sticky thread above about it.
    I gotta say it... Is there a little red dot next to the power button?
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    I knew someone would have to say it, so no hard feelings. And, no, I do not have the ringer turned off :-)

I truly doubt that this is a hardware issue. The timing is suspect and has only started happening since the 1.3.1 update. I don't use a headset that plugs directly into the Pre at all. My headset is a Bluetooth and even with the Bluetooth on it rings normally most of the time. However, once this does happen the only alternative is a restart to get the phone to ring properly again.

Quite frustrating.
    i have recently had the same issue my just stopped ringing too, i go to my phone to discover i have missed calls plus the alarm i have set in the mornings doesnt go off either, i have already switched the button on the top back and forth and that didnt help, i have restored the phone that didnt help resolve it either, and have turned it off and on several times and that doesnt help either, i am about ready to replace it now the 4th time with another one, this is getting extremely annoying, i really wish i had just stayed with my HTC phone and never gone to the palm pre now.
    Seems to be pointing to 1.3.1 update. Many people have complained about it. Hopefully, the next release addresses this issue.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    This has happened to me last saturday for the first time.

I actually was grabbing my pre out of my pocket to check on a website and the screen showed the little slide icon on it for me to answer an incoming call.

But my phone wasn't even ringing... Luckily I didnt miss the call.
    (My call volume was at 80% and the ringer switch ON)
    It seems that 1.3.1 has all kinds of sound related issues. Dunno what they did, but they'd better fix it, since audio is pretty much the main feature of a media phone...

The main issues I've been having are bluetooth audio quality, and the sounds cutting out or being delayed on rings, in sprint nav, notifications, etc. And yeah, I've missed some calls too. And my volume indicator sound when adjusting volumes is now the camera sound. HTH does that happen??
    Wasn't having the same issue, but now that I've updated to 1.4.1.1 (on the Pre), I'm having some slightly worse errors. Instead of just missing the ringers, I'm missing everything. I get no email notifications, no missed calls, and no text messages. However, If I simply do a luna restart or just hit the power button and restart that way, then I get the text messages, the emails, and the voicemail notification, but still obviously no missed call notices. Pretty much, good luck getting ahold of me because I won't know unless you leave a voicemail, and I happen to get a chance to reset eventually.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Add me to the list of the phone not ringing/vibrating. It happens sporadically and SEEMS to mostly occur when WiFi is on and only startedabout 3 weeks ago.
    Whatever causes the problem, what is happening is that the volume on the ringer is being pushed down to 0.

When it happend to me, I have to go into the Ringtone prefs in the phone app and, sure enough, the slider is down to 0 and I have to move it back up.
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post
    Whatever causes the problem, what is happening is that the volume on the ringer is being pushed down to 0.

When it happend to me, I have to go into the Ringtone prefs in the phone app and, sure enough, the slider is down to 0 and I have to move it back up.
    I was having the same problem and narrowed it down to the "no alerts during calls" patch. This started happening to me after the 1.4 update, when a call comes in the patch lowers the volume of system sounds and after the call is ended it is supposed to turn the volume back up but after 1.4 update the patch stopped doing this function. I reinstalled the patch after the 1.4.1.1 update and this patch still has the same issue. If you have this patch try removing it and see if this fixes the problem.
    Last edited by netwrkr9; 04/09/2010 at 11:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by blaidan View Post
    I knew someone would have to say it, so no hard feelings. And, no, I do not have the ringer turned off :-)

I truly doubt that this is a hardware issue. The timing is suspect and has only started happening since the 1.3.1 update. I don't use a headset that plugs directly into the Pre at all. My headset is a Bluetooth and even with the Bluetooth on it rings normally most of the time. However, once this does happen the only alternative is a restart to get the phone to ring properly again.

Quite frustrating.
    do you have Preware and the package service installed? if yes, remove them and try that out.
    Quote Originally Posted by spopyu View Post
    If any of you are using Preware and 1.4 or 1.4.1, make sure you do a luna restart after installing any homebrew app or patch.

Someone else found out this is what is causing all the issues with "freeze/restart" and also calls and texts not coming through. Somehow it is shutting down the background processes.

Just make sure to do a luna restart after installing any patch or homebrew. I have done this for the past few days and it solved all my problems.
    That is why I ended up removing Preware and the package service, I only need 2 patches and I installed them through QI and then did a full restart. since then no TMC and no random restarts, have not missed a call as well.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Not to throw a monkey wrench in the works, but I believe it to be bigger than this. This has happend not only to my Pre, but the other 4 phones I have which are not Pres. I have 3 different LG's, a blackberry that this happened to all in the same day. Like JRTESQ, I called spint and had them check the account. After resetting the account, the problem went away.
    I have a slightly worse problem... After 1.4 update (maybe a coincidense, I don't know), I 've had complaints from friends that i didn't answer my phone. I checked by calling from my home phone to the Pre and it did nothing! No missed call after that, no ringing, no vibrating. When i started the Phone app, it took a while to start and then everything went back to normal.
    I has happened few times since then, and I noticed that it happened after a check for Updated from the "updates" app... All I had to do to avoid it (and I am still doing it) was to manually start the phone app after checking for updates or installing a new app...
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    this has been happening to me too a lot lately...id go swap it out, but i have a feeling it might be related to all the patches etc i have on the phone...
    +1
    What does this button do?

crappy phones -->treo 600--> 700p--> 755p--> Pre--->Pre- 2.1 F104-----Franken Pre+ 2.1 f105 ---> Franken pre2 2.2.4
    touchpad 16gig uberkernel woop woop!!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast