Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mine wasnt ringing until I turned up the volume... doh.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I've been noticing lately with my palm pre plus on verizon that I sometimes 'miss' calls. The phone is sitting right in front of me, the ringer switch isn't on silent, and suddenly the phone will say I missed a call. I call the person back and they inform me it rang several times but I never heard a single one. Another call immediately after might ring just fine! My wife has a pre plus on Verizon as well and says she has noticed the same thing. Anybody experiencing it like this?
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    I am finding that for some reason the volume is getting turned to zero.

So make sure that your volume is turned up.

I was just about to report a possible bug, because when I tap and hold near the gesture button (the center button) the volume comes up and lowers a little bit. So after a few times coming up like that, my volume is turned off.

It's intermittent now, I can get it to happen about 95% of the time, so I was not going to post the problem until I could make it happen 100% of the time.

If you are into patching, you could add (like I have done) a cron entry using Xorg Tools (which is no longer supported) that will put both my ringer volume and system volume to 100% every hour on the hour.

This is just to make sure that if the volumes got changed to zero (for whatever reason) it will at least get reset every hour.

Hope this helps a little.

Rob
    I was having the same problem for a while and it was driving me crazy! The caused turned out to be the No Alert During Call patch. Since I removed it, the problem hasn't reoccured.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    I was having the same problem for a while and it was driving me crazy! The caused turned out to be the No Alert During Call patch. Since I removed it, the problem hasn't reoccured.
    I had that happen too - I'll see the display light up with an incoming call but the phone itself wouldn't ring. I still get "missed" calls without any ringing or incoming call alert whatsoever. It has to do with the phone app being messed up as you sometimes have to close/restart it a couple times for even outgoing calls to work.
    I too had the same issue driving me crazy. Ringtone Volume slider always sliding to zero ... until I found this thread ... removed the No Alert During Call Patch and removed the problem.
    Palm Pilot - Palm III - Palm M515 - Treo 680 - Palm Pre+ at&t - HP 32G Touchpad - HP Pre3 at&t
    I had the not ringing miss call all the time untill I doctored it, now it rings just fine. Only thing that is missing are all my contacts that didnt get downloaded after I doctored it.
    i found something
    i am currently using att palm pre plus. when i was in ny i use to have same problem. but.. when i visit my family in europe there wasn't any 3g signal because of frequency different. and guess what i didn't have any problem at all. i think the problem is related somehow with 3G.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123