1.    #1  
    Patches- If there is an update to the pre do we have to uninstall all of the patches one by one or is there an app or patch to delete them all.

Any other suggestions to make sure my pre is safe during the next update.
    Thanks
    where did you get the idea that you have to remove the patches before an update?
  3.    #3  
    on a differ forum
    traitor!

yeah, you have to remove them. only the patches and themes though, not apps.

there is a patch in Preware called Emergency Patch Remover. grab that and it'll wipe all your patches for you if you don't want to manually remove them one by one.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks Chud! I read all forums but this is the one I like and trust...thats why I posted the question here.
    After the patches and themes are deleted and I am done updating my pre, do I have to manually Install each one again. I love my pre how its working now as I am sure you do. Will you even do the update when it is available?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    Thanks Chud! I read all forums but this is the one I like and trust...thats why I posted the question here.
    After the patches and themes are deleted and I am done updating my pre, do I have to manually Install each one again. I love my pre how its working now as I am sure you do. Will you even do the update when it is available?
    Thanks
    yes, you have to manually re-add them all. it doesn't sound like you've done an update with patches before (forgive me if im wrong) but don't freak out if all the patches aren't readily available right after the update. they have to be updated to work with the update.

and yeah, ill do the update. im always messing with my phones. all my blackberry's got all the updates from every carrier, official or not. as a whole, Palm has been good with their updates. some problems for some people here and there, but overall good.