1.    #1  
    I am in need of a Palm Pre and I am not eligible to purchase a Palm Pre at the reduced cost as I am still under my contract date. Can anyone tell me where to get one that would work under my contract and not cost a fortune? (and be a legit one we could use) We have a Pre on a different line on the same plan so that is not a problem we just do not want to spend a fortune to get a second one, nor can we wait until June 2011.
    all i can say is goin to best buy, sprint store, or radioshack for a store purchase. everything else will be online or in the streets which is a hassle if the device were to malfunction on you or have an ESN locked. i would go with purchasing one at a retail store. if my pre were to mess up i would at least know where to go to complain, online would take days.
  3.    #3  
    The problem with those locations is the cost, $500 and up for a phone is a bit high! We had hoped to find a refurbished phone, but not having any luck so far
    ebay
    I second ebay. Some people do sell them there.
    Whenever I get the itch to switch phones, I put my old one on ebay. It greatly defrays the cost of the new phone - so you can likely find one for a couple of hundred.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Got mine on ebay and sold my old phone. Total diff $150.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaeger View Post
    I am in need of a Palm Pre and I am not eligible to purchase a Palm Pre at the reduced cost as I am still under my contract date. Can anyone tell me where to get one that would work under my contract and not cost a fortune? (and be a legit one we could use) We have a Pre on a different line on the same plan so that is not a problem we just do not want to spend a fortune to get a second one, nor can we wait until June 2011.
    Here's a question... Are you waiting for your contract to end? When is the last time you bought a phone?

The reason that I ask is that the phone discount is based on how long you have had your current handset. If you have had it more than 18 months then you are eligible for the full discount. It doesn't matter when your contract is over. If you extend your contract (that is up in June 2011) your contract will be extended for two years from today. So, it would be up in December 2011.

If you are a Premier member, you only need to keep your current handset for 12 months to be eligible for the discount.

So, I ask again, how long have you had the phone that you want to upgrade?
    Quote Originally Posted by EazyWeazy View Post
    If you are a Premier member, you only need to keep your current handset for 12 months to be eligible for the discount.
    Yes, this! If there is a Pre on your account, you definitely have a plan that qualifies you as a Premier customer, which means your primary line is eligible for full upgrade discount 12 months into the contract.

I had luck on Craigslist. Got my Pre used in mid September for $250. Not in perfect condition, but definitely solid. I looked on Craigslist a few days ago out of curiosity. If you aren't worried about having a mint condition phone, you could easily find one for $200 or even lower, if you live near an urban area.
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V
    Why not check the Marketplace on this site? There are some pretty good deals there.
    Mary
    Palm Pre (her)
    Palm Pre (his)
    I have Sprint and proud of it!
    Ebay, craigslist, and other online forums. I got mine by trading my old Tour for it. I have bought and sold many online, never had an issue. Just make sure you know what your buying and who your buying it from.
  12.    #12  
    Yes I am aware of the discount every 12 months, however I just purchased a pre on the premiere line when it came out this summer and my other lines are not eligible until end of 2010 for the full discount.

So Sprint will check an ESN if I find one off of eBay and make sure it is clean and can be used then?
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by maryinredding View Post
    Why not check the Marketplace on this site? There are some pretty good deals there.
    I have been checking out there as well!
    Quote Originally Posted by maryinredding View Post
    I would try Ebay or Craigslist. I have bought off of both and had good luck and you have more interaction/recourse.

I have had two transactions (my only two) from the Precentral marketplace go bad and you really have little recourse (at least use paypal).

Edit: I take that back. I did have a smooth transaction from here for the Sprint Pre Car Charger.

And yes, sprint will verify if a ESN is clean or not. It's very easy through chat or calling them.

Some on will not provide the ESN until you win the bid. This is because the ESN info could be used by someone else inappropriately.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    I've had my Pre since August and when I talked to Sprint last week about an employee who lost her phone (BB Curve also bought in August), he said that we both were eligible for an upgrage. I thought that this had to be an error, or that he was using upgrades from one of our other lines (we have about 18 lines), so he told me he would send me an email with all the lines that have the status to allow an upgrade. Every phone on my accout was eliglble except for one that got a new phone in November. I was really surprised. We have been a customer for over 10 years now, maybe that has somthing to do with it. I too have purchased several phones on ebay too, never a problem, usually new in the box, but I've also bought some refub Nextels, also without an issue.