1.    #1  
    So I'm waiting on a semi-important phone call. The phone rings, the lock symbol appears and says something about "slide up to answer." I slide the lock symbol up like I always do but I guess my finger slipped before I slid it far enough.

The lock then returns to the bottom of the screen, but goes too far down so only the top half appears. I try sliding it again but for some reason it won't slide up far enough to answer. It's almost as if something got hosed up when the lock symbol bounced too far back to the bottom.

After several tries, I missed the call and it went to voicemail. Pretty annoying. I don't get many phone calls but this is the first time I've seen the Pre do this.
    Why didn't you slide the phone open to answer? I know that doing this doesn't resolve the slide lock issue but at least you wouldn't have missed your important call. After all, it's an electronic device created by man - glitches will happen.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by officer140 View Post
    Why didn't you slide the phone open to answer? I know that doing this doesn't resolve the slide lock issue but at least you wouldn't have missed your important call. After all, it's an electronic device created by man - glitches will happen.
    Thanks...I didn't think of it at the time. Believe it or not, I rarely use the phone feature.
    When I found out about sliding the phone open, that became -- and still is -- my preferred method of answering phone calls.

Because I used to have a worse conundrum...when I would slide the symbol up to answer, it would actually hang up immediately!
  5.    #5  
    I think I actually found the cause of my problem (it happened again.) I had a Screen Guardz screen protector on my Pre for several months at least. I noticed some bubbling around the edges, so I figured it was time to change it out (I have several spares.)

When I pulled it off, I noticed that some moisture had accumulated in the center of the screen, right along the path where I drag the icon up to unlock/answer the phone.

I used a microfiber cloth to clean it off and was actually surprised to see the Pre's screen look as if it had just come of the box, it was flawless, so at least the screen protector is working.

I'm guessing that the moisture underneath was causing loss of contact to the screen and when I would slide the lock up to answer the phone, it would slip.

The only strange thing is that this issue only showed up when sliding to answer the phone, I never saw it happen when I would slide to unlock.

Just thought I'd mention it in case anyone had a similar issue and was using a screen protector.