1.    #1  
    First let me say that I cannot connect via "media sync" anymore. I have tried every suggestion with no success. I am open to any ideas if anyone has any.

So my question: Can I drag an mp3 over to the pre in USB mode and put it with music that was syced via iTunes? When I drag it over directly to the pre the mp3 will show up in the music list in the music app. If I try and drag into one of the folders that holds the music I synced using iTunes it does not show up in the music list. Any help is appreciated

Thanks
    There is no spoon
    Quote Originally Posted by Blipstein View Post
    First let me say that I cannot connect via "media sync" anymore. I have tried every suggestion with no success. I am open to any ideas if anyone has any.

So my question: Can I drag an mp3 over to the pre in USB mode and put it with music that was syced via iTunes? When I drag it over directly to the pre the mp3 will show up in the music list in the music app. If I try and drag into one of the folders that holds the music I synced using iTunes it does not show up in the music list. Any help is appreciated

Thanks
    IIRC iTunes hides the sync'd music on the Pre. If you drag & drop mp3s over to the Pre, the music player will find them just fine. However, it won't be in the same folder as the iTunes sync and you won't be able to add those mp3's to play lists.

If you want to continue to use iTunes for your media syncing, I suggest you take a look at the program double twist. It supports the Pre and is basically a middle man between the Pre and iTunes.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    IIRC iTunes hides the sync'd music on the Pre. If you drag & drop mp3s over to the Pre, the music player will find them just fine. However, it won't be in the same folder as the iTunes sync and you won't be able to add those mp3's to play lists
    Yea..I saw that. And that will hold me over. But I don't want all of these mp3's shpwing up on the main page when I view the files on the USB drive. It would be nice to have those tunes tucked away hidden in a file so they are not on the main page.

If you want to continue to use iTunes for your media syncing, I suggest you take a look at the program double twist. It supports the Pre and is basically a middle man between the Pre and iTunes
    Unfortunately I cannot connect my Pre via Media Sync anymore regardless if I try to use iTunes or Double Twist. As stated in my OP I have tried every suggestion with no success. If you have any ideas I'm all ears

Thanks
    There is no spoon
    Quote Originally Posted by Blipstein View Post
    Yea..I saw that. And that will hold me over. But I don't want all of these mp3's shpwing up on the main page when I view the files on the USB drive. It would be nice to have those tunes tucked away hidden in a file so they are not on the main page.

Unfortunately I cannot connect my Pre via Media Sync anymore regardless if I try to use iTunes or Double Twist. As stated in my OP I have tried every suggestion with no success. If you have any ideas I'm all ears

Thanks
    Have you considered WebOS Repair Utility or even doctoring your phone?
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    Have you considered WebOS Repair Utility or even doctoring your phone?
    Of course. I ran the doctor with no success. Have not run repair utility though
    There is no spoon
    Given thought to WebDr? I'm not sure why you wouldn't be able to use media sync? Is the option not showing up on your Pre or is it just not connecting?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Given thought to WebDr? I'm not sure why you wouldn't be able to use media sync? Is the option not showing up on your Pre or is it just not connecting?
    I've run the WebDr. No success. The "Media Sync" option does show up on the Pre. When I chose "Media Sync" the Pre will try to connect. The display changes to show the picture of the Pre but the little green light doesnt light up like it does when in USB mode. The PC knows a USB device has been connected but it just wont sync (I have an old version of iTunes and I tried Double Twist). It does this on both of my laptops at home.

If it were something to check on the PC, where would I start?
    There is no spoon
  8.    #8  
    bump
    There is no spoon
    Double twist syncs in USB mode not in Media Sync mode. Try it that way.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    Double twist syncs in USB mode not in Media Sync mode. Try it that way.
    Thats the best peice of information I have received yet. This could solve my problems. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks
    There is no spoon
    What version of iTunes are you running? Because after 9.0.1, media sync will NOT work. No matter what you do.

http://www.precentral.net/whats-new-webos-131

"Media Sync not working with iTunes 9.0.2."
    Last edited by laelipoo; 12/14/2009 at 05:10 PM. Reason: Added link
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by laelipoo View Post
    What version of iTunes are you running? Because after 9.0.1, media sync will NOT work. No matter what you do.

http://www.precentral.net/whats-new-webos-131

"Media Sync not working with iTunes 9.0.2."
    I am aware of this. Thank you
    There is no spoon
    Do the media files you are trying to move over have the little lock icon on them? Just wondering. My Itunes files with the little locks do not show up on my phone, even though they take up space.
    Thank you
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    you can make a folder in usb mode to put your music files in. the music player app searches all files on the user portion of the drive for music files it can play.