1.    #1  
    Hello

I got the original O2 germany pre while i was in Germany (mediamarkt).... and im in love with it !!

bcos of the plasticky feel of the phone, I am scared all the time that it might break into a hundred pieces if i dropped it.. lol

here is my prob.... Once i turned on the pre...after coming back to the US (yes i did the unboxing / activation etc after i came back home to usa in my free time).... it just started working right off the box... no issues !!

i connected to my home wifi network... upgraded to 1.3.1 firmware... synced with outlook contacts and phone contacts in my outlook over the air....

THE ONLY PROBLEM IS THAT THIS PREEEEE DOES NOT RECEIVE AT&T 3G NETWORK !!!! I am paying like 90 bucks a month for the iphone voice and unlimited data and messages...and so i want 3g to work with the pre...

i dont want to turn on my iphone again ever !! i hate it after getting my hands on the pre !... can someone please help me in getting att 3g on the german pre ....

also is installing pre-ware and homebrew applications similar to jail breaking the iphone ????? i mean does it void warranty etc if we installed pre-ware for virtual key board etc on the pre ??? Someone please reply ...

I am waiting to get my hands on the mexican pre soon.... so that it can work on the att 3g out of the box ... with north american 3g capabilities... ... but in the mean while if my german pre gets at&t 3g... i will try the pixi with that money instead !!... some one please help...

also if any of the developers want me to try some new features that they are interested in .... i can try it for u !!

web os rocks !!

thanks,
    srik
    Quote Originally Posted by srikanth57 View Post
    THE ONLY PROBLEM IS THAT THIS PREEEEE DOES NOT RECEIVE AT&T 3G NETWORK !!!! I am paying like 90 bucks a month for the iphone voice and unlimited data and messages...and so i want 3g to work with the pre...

i dont want to turn on my iphone again ever !! i hate it after getting my hands on the pre !... can someone please help me in getting att 3g on the german pre ....
    It's not possible to get AT&T (or T-Mobile) 3G on a German (or UK) GSM Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    It's not possible to get AT&T (or T-Mobile) 3G on a German (or UK) GSM Pre.
    Geez, they left out the 850 band? That's too bad. Essentially, the radio in the European Pre(not too sure but from what you're telling me), does not support the 3G band that AT&T uses here in North America. Thus, you're stuck to EDGE. Sorry!
    Quote Originally Posted by beret9987 View Post
    Geez, they left out the 850 band? That's too bad. Essentially, the radio in the European Pre(not too sure but from what you're telling me), does not support the 3G band that AT&T uses here in North America. Thus, you're stuck to EDGE. Sorry!
    So...basically the same as the iPhone...hahahha...ha...sorry...it had to be said.

To the OP, I think there was a front page article about it little ago. You might want to take a look at the precentral blog archives.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    I wouldn't worry to much about your warranty. Palm has said that it is leaving warranty support up to the carriers. So unless you plan to send it back to O2 it isn't going to matter if you void it or not.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    According to the precentral blog entry "Good News / Bad News: GSM Palm Pre Bands and Unlocking" of September 24th, 3G should work on AT&T. Sorry, I can't post links yet, put "good-news-bad-news-gsm-palm-pre-bands-and-unlocking" at the end of the precentral.net home url.