1.    #1  
    I got a great offer to get a new line of service with a HTC Hero, and it's a perfect opportunity to see which phone I like better. I will try to give an in-depth comparison when I get a chance.

I just am tired of waiting for certain things to happen with the Pre, and I want to see if the Hero better suits me.

I feel that Palm is not really doing enough to push this device forward, and already Sprint seems to be shying away from it.....We'll see what happens, and knowing that my Pre will be waiting in my desk drawer for me to come back makes me feel a little bit better about making the jump.

I'll still be involved here on the boards, adding my 3 cents and helping out when I can....

Cheers,
    Robert
    I likey take apart thingies....
  2.    #2  
    Oh yeah....please....Let the FLAMES begin....i guess....
    No Flames from me.

I got tired of waiting too and brought out my modded touch pro. Let us know how the Hero works out for you. Maybe I'll move to android next.

nb
  4.    #4  
    I couldn't turn down a Hero for a buck so as they say..."Her (o) goes nothing!"
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    Im also now considering returning to my iPhone as much as i'd hate to. The Pre has been a great 'potential' device and i LOVE webOS but its just not 'there' yet. Sometimes i find myself waiting a bit too long for something to happen...especially when using the phone with music playing, then there's the choppiness of animations and most of all, the hardware itself. It's very disconcerting when every time i flip that slider, it makes a grungy/fragile movement...plus the oreo effect.

Normally i'd live with these if the warranty/service options were good but what's even more worrying is that you don't get a replacement phone like Apple/RIM but rather your phone gets sent to some third party repair company (who apparently loves to send stuff back with the label 'no fault detected') and consequently leaving you phone-less for a lengthy period. For an already fragile device thats just not good.

I'm gonna be putting the phone up for sale this weekend and if i get a decent offer, i'll return to my iPhone and join Palm again when better hardware, GPU accelerated animations and a more robust App catalogue surface.

I love Palm but i've been spoilt too much by a Revision C product to have to deal with a Revision A product
    if this is real... will be an interesting phone.

Official Google Phone Coming in January 2010, Testing Now - Mac Rumors
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    if this is real... will be an interesting phone.

Official Google Phone Coming in January 2010, Testing Now - Mac Rumors
    I love how it says in the review that it's "really, really" fast.....ummm could u convert that to mhz?
    Quote Originally Posted by powerbyte View Post

I love how it says in the review that it's "really, really" fast.....ummm could u convert that to mhz?

No problem... 1.0 GHz
    snapdragon... 1ghz

10.    #10  
    really?????

HOLY SCHIZNIT!
    The HTC HD2 has this chip

HTC HD2 review -- Engadget

Has videos in this review if you scroll down.

I guess they can run it at less but that would be too bad.

The HD2 is not available in the US but if you look at some of the youtube video on it, the thing runs real nice. I love the videos I have seen and I would love to play with one myself.

really?????

HOLY SCHIZNIT!
    Last edited by donm527; 12/12/2009 at 08:06 PM.
    I also really like the Pre and would love to stay.Look at the facts, every part of the device has some sort of problem. I just wish palm with give us something,even a hint on the Pre 2 would be nice. I'm just sick of walking around with a delicate egg in my pocket wondering what is going to break. I can live with software problems. I have been thinking hard about the Droid, mainly because Verizon has better service out in MN.
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rem_kujawa View Post
    I also really like the Pre and would love to stay.Look at the facts, every part of the device has some sort of problem. I just wish palm with give us something,even a hint on the Pre 2 would be nice. I'm just sick of walking around with a delicate egg in my pocket wondering what is going to break. I can live with software problems. I have been thinking hard about the Droid, mainly because Verizon has better service out in MN.
    I am thinking about switching to the Tour (I know it has it's fair share of problems) or Android phone. I completely agree with you, I love my Pre to death but I feel like after I drop it a few times it will just scatter apart. I love WebOS and what Palm has done with it, but their hardware sucks. This is my 2nd Pre, I noticed problems with the 1st one a week after I bought it.

I feel like I'll have some kind of Pre withdraw symptom or something after (if I do) switch to something else.
    I cant comment about the build quality but Im hoping that Palm release the potential in the pre's hardware and throttle up the CPU and even just turn the ignition key on the GPU. The menu's, graphics, apps, (..add your own) should then run a lot smoother and gather more interest from developers and customers.

Judging from some views, that could be some wait................