1.    #1  
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    She's not a CGI character though.. that's a real actor...
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
  3.    #3  
    yes, but you cant say CGI wasnt use in some form. even the whole environment is CGI
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    I understand the background isn't real but the article is centered around CGI humans.. I want a refund.
    Exactly what I was going to say... And poor Tamara Hope--she's really been put through the ringer.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Yeah.. I think she's very pretty. Also, I've always liked these commercials. I guess I'm just that artsy fartsy!
    I bought my Pre because of the Pre lady...

... After all, I was scared she would assimilate me if I didn't. :S
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    haha While the add weren't the sole reason I got the Pre, they did help guide me in its direction. It was actually the hardware that cought my attention, then webOS, and the commercials were the cherry on top. Not out of fear either! I thought the commercials were interesting did a good job catching your attention enough to look at the Pre.
    After checking out her image on Google, I agree that she's very attractive, but just not in those ads. I think the tone of the Pre ads (as well as the Pixi version) are far from inspiring.

Of course, now having Ms. Hope outside of the role, I think it could be VERY effective to have her reach back in the next ad and let her hair down, then let her pitch how human beings can benefit from using a Palm.
    Former: Visor, Prism, VisorPhone, Treo 270,Treo 650, Centro Now: Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    I bought my Pre because of the Pre lady...

... After all, I was scared she would assimilate me if I didn't. :S
    When I think of that Pre chic in the commercial , I picture her with Layne Staley hours before his death. She looks like a freebasing ,speed balling FREAK.
    RIP
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Angus View Post
    When I think of that Pre chic in the commercial , I picture her with Layne Staley hours before his death. She looks like a freebasing ,speed balling FREAK.
    RIP

So the secret to selling me a phone is drugs? Interesting.

I said I liked the commercials but I have to agree that showing off more of the functionality is a good idea. While the "creepy" factor may have been intentional to get people talking (which worked quite well) a more effective approach is just show off what the phone can do! Show off some apps that are worth getting and show how they can work together.

Pandora streaming a song while the user gets a text message and then opens Google Maps to find a location. Maybe a tad bit cliche but it shows people more of webOS's fantastic UI and multitasking!

Kinda like the Pixi ad but maybe a little less artistic. Just my thoughts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tcub View Post
    So the secret to selling me a phone is drugs? Interesting.

I said I liked the commercials but I have to agree that showing off more of the functionality is a good idea. While the "creepy" factor may have been intentional to get people talking (which worked quite well) a more effective approach is just show off what the phone can do! Show off some apps that are worth getting and show how they can work together.

Pandora streaming a song while the user gets a text message and then opens Google Maps to find a location. Maybe a tad bit cliche but it shows people more of webOS's fantastic UI and multitasking!

Kinda like the Pixi ad but maybe a little less artistic. Just my thoughts.
    I didn't say that ,you did. What I said was "When I think of that Pre chic in the commercial , I picture her with Layne Staley hours before his death. She looks like a freebasing ,speed balling FREAK." That to me is creepy.