Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    If there's a Pre2 or a really great Android 2.x device with a great kb (played with the Droid, but the kb was a deal-breaker), I'll think of switching. Other than that, I'll stick around.
    I like my Pre! I'm tired of Whiners too.

For the person that mentioned the Hero... I've played with my friend's because I thought I would like it too. But it was way more difficult to navigate. I was glad to get my Pre back.

On the Pre I've gotten to where I can flick the keyboard open with one hand and can retrieve pretty much anything I want in two quick key presses, or one if it is a shortcut key.
    Last edited by SirRob94; 12/13/2009 at 08:50 AM.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Definitely like the Pre and webOS, and hoping for a Pre2 or some OS changes that will make the Pre smoother/faster. A significantly better Pre2 would be cause for me to upgrade after a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    If there's a Pre2 or a really great Android 2.x device with a great kb (played with the Droid, but the kb was a deal-breaker), I'll think of switching. Other than that, I'll stick around.
    I had the same impression - I'd like to play with Android too, but the kb on the Droid was not to my liking either. Weird, the Pre is my first phone with a QWERTY - when I saw the kb, I thought it wouldn't be easy to use, but it is; when I saw the Droid's, I thought it would be easy, but I had lots of nearby letter hits and I didn't like it.

So I'm thinking it may be fun to get an Android MID to play around - something like an Archos. My Pre or Pre2 would be my workhorse.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    if palm does not have a new phone in a year from now they'll be out of business, saying that, i will have the new pre2 or whatever name they call it.
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    I plan to stick with my Palm Pre until I end up breaking it, or Verizon has a Palm phone that is either a candy bar or a full screen form factor with similar specs to the Pre.
    The Droid is seriously cool. I have played with one and it is the only thing that (in my opinion) comes close to the Pre. All of my friends who have an iPhone and complain, I tell them to get a Pre. I will be sticking with the Pre, a Pre2, or if Sprint gets the Droid, I may consider it, but most likely staying with a Pre. That said, the one in my hand right now is my third one 1)open/close power off (day 18) 2)bad speaker (month 4). The one I have now has the "oreo cookie' thing with the twisting parts (may need to get it replaced again.
    Last edited by jakelaw; 01/01/2010 at 11:26 PM.
    I still have mine, pretty good build quality, mostly just minor problems like it making a notification sound for no reason and other bs like that but it's not enough to drive me away. It would be nice to have some better, more practical apps but I can deal with it. webOS is great though.
    Android or WebOS for me depending on how much they have both matured and the quality of the devices out. Rooting for WebOS though! Here's to the much improved flagship WebOS device, whatever that may be!
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    Like most people have mentioned I could be swayed by the Pre 2 depending on what upgrades there are. I currently want a larger hard drive but I'll probably pick up a Zune HD for Christmas, meaning I can get by with 8 gigs for pictures and music on my Pre.
    Zune HD is an incredible PMP. It is what I currently for music, so I really don't care too much about storage space on the Pre.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    it depends if the per 2 comes out and what the form factor it is i like vertical keyboards like the pre and the specs for it. But i will most likely stick with webos
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    I will definitely own my Pre in June 2010..
    Since Palm is scheduled to make an appearance at CES 2010 (Jan 7) I'm hoping they will make a grand announcement. I doubt they will announce a "PRE 2" when they're still 6 months invested into pushing the Pre. I want them to just come up with a BIG update (WEBOS 2.0 to include access to the GPU, 3D gaming and apps, FLASH 10.1, Palm supported themes and visual tweaks to WEBOS, ALL the "patches" made officially capable by Palm without having to use homebrew, data-capable touchstone, DIVX support, VIDEO recording at 720p, AUDIO recording) COME ON PALM!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by cary328is View Post
    Since Palm is scheduled to make an appearance at CES 2010 (Jan 7) I'm hoping they will make a grand announcement. I doubt they will announce a "PRE 2" when they're still 6 months invested into pushing the Pre. I want them to just come up with a BIG update (WEBOS 2.0 to include access to the GPU, 3D gaming and apps, FLASH 10.1, Palm supported themes and visual tweaks to WEBOS, ALL the "patches" made officially capable by Palm without having to use homebrew, data-capable touchstone, DIVX support, VIDEO recording at 720p, AUDIO recording) COME ON PALM!!!!
    +1

I would still like to see an improved build quality Pre.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    I love my pre & will still have it but I'd look at a pre2 seriously if available.
    You know, you go on every forum for every cell phone and and it's like the same rerun of a bad movie, the whiners, how they got screwed over, worst phone that they ever had, kinda of funny actually. Me, I really like my pre, launch phone, no problems still works fine. I am just worried that the pre 2 will become oversized like the iphone or the droid. As long as they keep it compact and give it upgradeable memory and little more battery, that's about it for me. Hey, now that Sprint has got the escape clause, all you unhappy people can leave and PLEASE, we don't want to hear your long, whining farewell speeches, just leave and good luck to you next forum Thanks.
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    I'm sticking with my Pre until at least WebOS 2.0, hopefully by then Palm will flip the switch on the GPU, and it will be like a new device all over again.
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    as with the others, i am keeping the Pre until the Pre2 is out. love the concept, the design, and can only see things becoming more polished.
    Lovin' the Pre. Love It.
    [QUOTE=thegov;2090864]I'm not trying spark a debate about how good or bad the phone is. I'm just wondering how many of you think you will stick with the pre after having it for a year and being eligible for the full sprint rebate....For whatever reason...good or bad...
    I can say that I will not have my pre on June 7, '10.

Treo 300>>Treo 650>>Treo 700p>> Samsung Instinct>>Palm Pre[/QUOTE

Hmmm... that's good, when I stop and think about it the phone still preforms every task I bought it for and some days I wake up and it can do more. So yes, we fall into a trap by looking at other phones and wanting more!!! (I hope this is a clear thought I'm on meds) lol
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Some people get a rush out of supporting the underdog and mocking the market leaders. But as a brand-agnostic consumer then I get satisfaction out of whipping out a device, accomplishing a task, then putting it away so I can get on with my life. So when contract renewal comes then I'll buy the best phone Sprint offers, and I simply dont see how it could be a Palm device.

I like my Pre but i just dont see anything that could keep me from moving on because WebOS went from being an innovator to playing catch up. The industry just seems to be moving too fast for Palm compete in.
    I plan to move to Pre 2, if webos development gets cleaned up before then. Patches that break functionality and force users to rely on homebrew development and frequent reboots to get by is inexcusable when I'm paying ~$70/month.

I'm willing to live with the lag.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast