Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Like most people have mentioned I could be swayed by the Pre 2 depending on what upgrades there are. I currently want a larger hard drive but I'll probably pick up a Zune HD for Christmas, meaning I can get by with 8 gigs for pictures and music on my Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmyadagod View Post
    By some means of sheer luck after upgrading my line they gave me another upgrade. I am interested to check out the android line of phone. I am never giving my pre up, unless the Samsung Moment or Hero are 100 % perfect which i doubt, but even then i would probably switch back every so often. Whats everyones suggestions of choice between Moment and Hero.....As a back up phone Love my pre to much
    I would definitely take the Hero between the two of them. I think being able to switch back and forth would be kinda cool, but Hero before Moment. The Sense UI on the Hero is really nice. One big ball that HTC dropped (in my opinion) though is that they didn't put a proximity sensor on the Hero to shut off the screen when you hold it to your face.
    I'll still have my pre, great phone for me
    This signature for rent
    I didn't get my Pre till almost July. I'll be eligible for an upgrade after a year, but will have to stay with Sprint (I doubt anything is going to be so attractive it would get me to pay an early termination fee). I like my Pre for multitasking and as a media player/web browser, though am still disappointed in the PDA capabilities and the general sluggishness, so an upgrade is definitely appealing.

What I'd choose depends entirely on what is available at the time, and how those available things look in reviews. Things that would get serious consideration from me include Pre 2 when/if it comes out, a significant upgrade of the iPhone if it is available on Sprint, and I'll definitely consider whatever Android phone is out there.

If nothing really attractive is out there, I'll be content to stay with the Pre. If Palm does some software upgrades to improve the PDA capabilities and reduce lagginess, staying with the Pre is quite possible, particularly if none of the latest and greatest this Summer dramatically tops the Pre in features that are meaningful to me. Unless there are meaningful steps up in whatever I get, I'll prefer to wait.
    Mike B in OKlahoma

Palm V-->Palm Vx-->Palm m505-->Garmin iQue3600-->Treo 650-->Treo 755p-->Palm Pre

The only way I will give up what I consider the BEST phone I have ever owned, is if Palm comes out with the sequel to the Pre. I came from the HTC 6800 Windows Mobile device (it sucked giant hard boiled eggs!). I could not be happier with the Pre.
    King Ying
    I am still on my launch phone. Besides some cosmetic cracks the phone works great. I am running the SR 550 patch with no problems. Even by June 2010 the Pre will be no slouch when it comes to CPU power.

When June hits for me, I am hoping Palm will have a Treo Pro like webOS phone. I love the form factor and they could probably give it a great keyboard. Something like this:

Last edited by NickDG; 12/12/2009 at 06:05 PM.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    I will, mainly because I am with Bell and if you want to end your contract (Cause the only phone that I would want from Bell after the Pre is the iPhone) you have to stop by the drug store and get some Vaseline. So basically Pre for me for the next 3 years...
    Still on my launch day Pre. Its currently having a problem with the power button so I'll probably not have the launch day Pre, but I expect to still have a Pre by then. It's just too flexible of a phone and storing my contacts info in the Google cloud is working out really well for my lifestyle of usually needing to be connected to the net anyway.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    I doubt it.

I got bored with the Pre and brought out my old HTC Touch Pro. Modded it and now realized how much i missed having powerful programs to use.

But damn I'd miss the simplicity of WebOS
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I have an upgrade right now, bought a Pre outright. There is no phone in the Sprint lineup I even remotely thought about getting to replace my Pre. I love it, and feel(hope lol) it will only get better!
    Unless Sprint gets a game-changing Android device, I'm staying on the WebOS platform.
    Pre will either be sitting in my drawer, or back in my hands after I try out my new Hero....
    I likey take apart thingies....
    I will still have my pre. I will also have my HTC Eris that im getting also on a employee line so I will have Android AND WebOS and I couldnt be happier!
    SCK Manager
    I have upgraded every time I've been able to. Now I dont think I will upgrade unless its another pre. The pre has it all in my opinion
    Quote Originally Posted by dgraham98 View Post
    Goodbye- Don't let the Door hit you in the ****. Tired of the whiners
    I'm tired of the whiners with your mindset, whining about people with legitimate concerns. Get over yourself, and please, quit whining.
  16. qqq
    i doubt it. can't stand iphone, but i might give android another try, i guess, much as it pains me.
    I will.
    I don't know how sprint works, but Bell is terrible. I had to sign a three year contract to get this phone... if I want to cancel my contract, it's $500 or something ridiculous like that, and if I ever decide I want a new phone, I have to pay the full price of the phone, and they aren't cheap.

EDIT: But this being said, I really like the Pre. I'm a highschool kid, so I'm not using it as a hardcore business device, and I don't install patches and I'm not rough with my phone at all. I also don't need it to do as many things as I think the rest of you do, so this phone suits me perfectly fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaLostOrange View Post
    I will, mainly because I am with Bell and if you want to end your contract (Cause the only phone that I would want from Bell after the Pre is the iPhone) you have to stop by the drug store and get some Vaseline. So basically Pre for me for the next 3 years...
    What he said.

Having said that, I'm happy with my Pre and look forward to the next three years. Then it's either more Palm products or whatever I feel like getting after three years of development make all the current crop of smart phones look like Speak N' Spells.
    I also was in line on launch day and was initially thrilled with the Pre. I have to say though, if things continue like they are, I'm likely to have a different phone in about 6 months.

There are many things I LOVE about my Pre. However I've never had a phone this 'buggy', and I'm very disappointed in the number, and quality of apps thusfar. First, they make a HUGE tactical blunder and limit the storage space so we can't even download many apps. Second, I feel like newer platforms (i.e. Android) have already surpassed what's available for the Pre.

I had very high expectations for this phone. In some ways it's been phenomenal, and in other ways it just hasn't measured up to the hype.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DaLostOrange View Post
    You made me laugh but also shocked. Wow, 3 years?? I'll be sticking with mine too. I just paid for a couple of apps and wow, I tried my friend's My Touch and kept trying to swipe to close. WebOS is just so user friendly and intuitive. I will switch to the next Pre when it comes out.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast