1.    #1  
    Hi
    If some one has any information about Palm prprpr $expansion$ $in$ $other$ $european$ $countries$ $especially$ $switzerland$?

I have been using for 6 year all the palm tro (600,650, 680) and now it is coming to an end of life
    and if possible to get an advice about an alternative (any google phone: htc?)
    (no Iphone....)I am really fighting to wait for the palm prprpr $but$ $I$ $am$ $afraid$ $to$ $loose$ $patience$

thanks for your advices
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palmator View Post
    Hi
    If some one has any information about Palm prprpr $expansion$ $in$ $other$ $european$ $countries$ $especially$ $switzerland$?

I have been using for 6 year all the palm tro (600,650, 680) and now it is coming to an end of life
    and if possible to get an advice about an alternative (any google phone: htc?)
    (no Iphone....)I am really fighting to wait for the palm prprpr $but$ $I$ $am$ $afraid$ $to$ $loose$ $patience$

thanks for your advices
    You might buy unlocked Pre from Germany. I live in Croatia and had exactly the same problem as you. So far, I am mostly happy with my new Pre.

Kreso

ps. You should be ready to accept big step back in PIM (calendar & tasks specially) compared to good old Treo.
  3.    #3  
    tks kresom for your answer
    but what do you mean by big step back?
    Effectively I am an intensive user of such functionnalities... and sync with my outlook....
    Digitec sells unlocked german O2 palm pre in switzerland along with contracts(swisscom/orange/sunrise) at pretty good price and there is renewal option on your contract too...
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palmator View Post
    tks kresom for your answer
    but what do you mean by big step back?
    Effectively I am an intensive user of such functionnalities... and sync with my outlook....
    There are plenty of threads about calendar and task manger shortcomings.

Calendar is mostly usable, but easy-of use and ergonomics is disaster. It's also kind of slow response, no birthdays and tasks in calendar... If you got used to Datebk6, you would feel strongly frustrated.
    It also doesn't handle invitations and meeting reschedules from Exchange. Synergy sync with Google and Exhange calendar is cool.

Task manager is very basic and it doesn't sync with anything

kreso
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    what do you want from palm and pre?
    pre isn't useable in europe.
    app-catalog is in beta, palm is in beta, palm is trash
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Conum, it's apparent that you're not happy with Palm's approach of the european market. You're not the only one I can assure you. I get frustrated with them regularly as well.

But... it won't help if you go screaming on this forum and post your anger in any thread that is somehow slightly related to your frustrations.

Unfortunately this is the situation we're in. Either deal with it and wait... or buy a phone by a competitor. I personally give Palm some more time and credits. But if they don't have their act together by summer 2010 considering a clear European strategy I will switch, most likely to Android, as this platform will probably be at version 4.0 or something judging from the development power they have behind the platform.
    got the pre from digitec and i'm happy with my choice (i'm on orange)

Markus
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Like Markus, I've also a Pre (from Digitec, online store) with Orange Switzerland.
    I'm also quite satisfied with it, even though I got some problem with my data (3G) connection. If you experience some problem as well with Orange Switzerland, please PM me.

Markus: I sent you a PM, please check it up