1.    #1  
    I've accidentally dropped my Pre and it is chipped on the side (next to the USB port). I'm still within my 30 days at Best Buy, and I want to take the Pre back due to oreo issues and 1.3.1 issues. I've returned the Pre 3 times to Best Buy for various reasons, and I don't know how to go about taking this one back. Any ideas? If all else fails, I will wait until Jan. 1 and use the "you're upping my fees" excuse to try and get a different phone from Sprint. I like Sprint, their pricing, and customer service (SOMETIMES), but I also need a functioning phone.
  2.    #2  
    please.....has anyone had any success in these types of situations?
    Quote Originally Posted by jrdatrackstar View Post
    but I also need a functioning phone.
    Ummm, then don't drop it! You say this is your 4th Pre, take it back tell them the Pre is not for you and get a different phone.

Seriously, 4 Pres in less than 30 days....sheesh.
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    I've accidentally dropped my Pre and it is chipped on the side (next to the USB port). I'm still within my 30 days at Best Buy, and I want to take the Pre back due to oreo issues and 1.3.1 issues. I've returned the Pre 3 times to Best Buy for various reasons, and I don't know how to go about taking this one back. Any ideas? If all else fails, I will wait until Jan. 1 and use the "you're upping my fees" excuse to try and get a different phone from Sprint. I like Sprint, their pricing, and customer service (SOMETIMES), but I also need a functioning phone.
    My first Pre sucked soo bad I replaced it 2 days into the 30 day return limit. The hardware was crap, and I had to press VERY hard on the volume and power buttons for it to work. Not to the mention the screen went crazy when I tried to multitask. My second Pre though is amazing, I dropped it and I am pretty sure it's gotten wet and it still works perfectly. However I think I might be switching my Pre out for a Hero or Tour, I hate giving up on WebOS, it's amazing.
    If it's chipped, i doubt they will replace it but you never know. I dropped a phone on the day I was off to exchange it. Unfortunately, I was stuck with it for the next few years.
  6.    #6  
    so yea.....the phone got exchanged (she completely missed the chip) but i exchanged it for a Hero. after I tried to watch some of my favorites on youtube and was told that it couldn't play certain videos I went back within 2 hours for a Pre again. I got the Hero exchanged (got 50 bucks back too because the store I went to wasn't the regular one I go to and their Pre's were 99.99) for a Pre again, only to find that my Pre wouldn't turn on after an hour. I've only had it for like 4 hours and it's bricked....didn't run remote swipe from Palm's site either (I know there was confusion about this possibly bricking your phone). When I tried to return the phone for another at two different Best Buys (closer to me than where I originally went to get the Hero) they told me that I couldn't get exchanged. I'm like ***...your same store just did this for me today like 7 hours ago. Anyway, stuck here with no Pre. They told me I have to go to Sprint tomorrow.
    so yea.....the phone got exchanged (she completely missed the chip) but i exchanged it for a Hero. after I tried to watch some of my favorites on youtube and was told that it couldn't play certain videos I went back within 2 hours for a Pre again. I got the Hero exchanged (got 50 bucks back too because the store I went to wasn't the regular one I go to and their Pre's were 99.99) for a Pre again, only to find that my Pre wouldn't turn on after an hour. I've only had it for like 4 hours and it's bricked....didn't run remote swipe from Palm's site either (I know there was confusion about this possibly bricking your phone). When I tried to return the phone for another at two different Best Buys (closer to me than where I originally went to get the Hero) they told me that I couldn't get exchanged. I'm like ***...your same store just did this for me today like 7 hours ago. Anyway, stuck here with no Pre. They told me I have to go to Sprint tomorrow.
    Yep karma is an awesome thing...
    Looks like here in Canada we have much better Pre. 6 phones and still not a single one working properly?? Man you should apply for QC officer at GM or Chrysler.