Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    For my birthday, my wife made me a Palm Pre cake. She took a few liberties (instead of the Black color of the phone, she used Chocolate icing so it's more brown), but for someone who is probably a bit jealous of the relationship that I share with my Pre, it was still a very nice gesture on her part, and a great cake! It even comes with volume buttons on the side and a headphone jack and ringer switch on top (although you can't seem them from the pictures).

Anyway, here is a picture of the cake, and a picture of the template she used for it.. too bad she couldn't show it with all the patches I have installed and the updates I have to the quick launch bar!

You can also see the picture at http://twitpic.com/t5jk9 or http://twitter.com/Audemars02
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Audemars02; 12/12/2009 at 09:21 AM.
    pattyland likes this.
    Well that's awesome! haha
    That's awesome. My wife is jealous of our relationship (my pre), I hope I get a cake too!
    Nice!!
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    hahaha

That's awesome.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Sorry for the tangent, but can anyone else open the picture of the cake on your Pre? I can't, and I have noticed this before with some pictures.
    That's cool! She's totally the new "Cake Boss".
    [;2090316]That's awesome. My wife is jealous of our relationship (my pre), I hope I get a cake too![/QUOTE]y

Yeah, Tiger should have gotten a Pre too.
    How sweet it is!
    hahaha that's cool..!
    How's the build quality? Any Oreo?
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuinnessX View Post
    Sorry for the tangent, but can anyone else open the picture of the cake on your Pre? I can't, and I have noticed this before with some pictures.
    I had the same problem when I tried to load it from the Pre... I went back and uploaded a much smaller picture (1MB vs 157KB) and it seems to work now... I wonder if the m.precentral images have to be under a certain size to load on the pre's browser..
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I suspect it's a general problem with the Pre itself--possibly related to the app limit (cache is too small?), and hopefully they'll fix it with an update soon. Now I'll quit hijacking your thread... Nice cake!
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by rajun asian View Post
    How's the build quality? Any Oreo?
    Well, it is a vanilla cake with chocolate icing... so that kinda does make it like an Oreo!!! so technically, this Pre may have the worst Oreo effect yet!
    Last edited by Audemars02; 12/12/2009 at 10:11 AM.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Very cool!
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    bet it tasted good too!!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Now that's talent. Nice cake.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuinnessX View Post
    yea I can not see it either. And teying to figure out how to downsize the pic is impossible. I'm not smart enough for that, or I'm too afraid to mess something up! Guess I'll have to wait till late tonight to see the coolist cake ever
    Pre be with you.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. -- Winston Churchill

Happiness is not achieved by the conscious pursuit of happiness; it is generally the by-product of other activities. -- Aldous Huxley
    if i give you my addy, would you share?
    Awww thats nice! Your wife rocks!
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast