1.    #1  
    Hi everyone--
    I searched but never found an answer to my specific question, so I'm starting a new thread--

I really want to 'take my pre to the doctor' since I noticed with all the patches I've put on the phone, there seem to be memory leaks, which slows the phone down a whole lot.

The only thing holding me back is my contacts. I know I can save my contacts on the phone to either my Palm Profile or my google account, but is there any way to save the linking?

It took me over 4 hours upon getting the phone to link all the contacts together (many of my friends have facebooks, but not their phone numbers ON their facebooks-- so I had to link the two). If I do the WebOS doctor, will I lose these linkings?

Is there any way to to a reset or refresh of the phone while keeping the linkings?
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    I don't believe their is a way. Not being able to save linked profiles pushed me away from doing a webos dr for a while, but eventually i did it. and it imported all my contacts back but i had to re-link everything. I don't think their is a way to save the format.
    before you doctor you should try webos repair utility it will find glitches and bugs in your phone without deleting anything at all. it just uses web doc to compair files and fixes the mistakes and over looks patches uless you tell it not to
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    here is the link ! but remember we are getting the new update with in a week or two and you will have to use epr on your phone before updating anyways so you should probably wait it out
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Do you have InternalZ installed on your Pre? If you do, copy the file var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3 to your media/internal section of the Pre (i.e. USB section). Connect your Pre via USB and make sure you save a copy of this file

Doctor your Pre (or Pixi) using the SAME webOS Version as you currently have on your Pre (or Pixi) This is very important. Once the phone is doctored, login to your Profile like you normally do, reinstall InternalZ and then copy the PalmDatabase.db3 file back to the var/luna/data/dbdata/ directory. Restart your phonbe and all your contacts/calendar/text messages/accounts,etc will all be restored! I have done this myself and it works great!

good luck