1.    #1  
    i wish someone could put android on the palm pre... webos offers little to nothing for users of the pre and so far the best pre is a modified one which still offers no real applications or benifits
    How many of these are there, Webos is awesome and still in development. Android was in the very same boat this time last year. My opinion is webos is more intuitive and great GUI. It'll get better I say after Jan we'll see more Pro business apps.
    If you want an Android device I suggest you get one if the webos OS does not suit your needs.
    I'm sorry your Pre isn't performing to your needs... But simple-to-install patches and homebrew apps might improve your experience. If not, you need to swith to a device that will better suit your needs.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    I think it would be pretty cool if you could dual-boot android and webOS to be quite honest.
  6. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    yea totaly dude i have the android runnign my phone you kno
    An opportunity to cancel your service without etf is coming up soon. I suggest you look into it and get yourself a new phone if you feel so badly about web OS.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Didn't have to. Went to Best Buy and they exchanged it for a Hero for me :P

It's not that I didn't like my Pre, I just got bored. Coming from an iPhone where I had tons of apps to a Pre with very few apps, even fewer useful apps, and the apps that are there have their functionality duplicated by others.

AWESOME OS, mediocre build quality, sub-par implemntation. I'll probably get a 2nd gen Pre, though, unless the Android offering at that time is spectacular (or Sprint gets an iPhone).
    Not sure if I agree that webOS has little to offer--in fact many people have noted since its introduction that it rivals the iPhone, and think about the fact that we aren't even accessing the GPU yet and it still rocks--but I still would love to see Android ported to the Pre someday.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nemoshotyany View Post
    An opportunity to cancel your service without etf is coming up soon. I suggest you look into it and get yourself a new phone if you feel so badly about web OS.
    I was going to suggest this myself!

Good advice and very true.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    seems to me you should of done a little homework before making your decision to use the Pre. I am a long time user of Palm devices, and the Pre is by far the most user friendly. Yes, I do wish it had some other features and was a little faster, but for what i use it for, there is no other pfone out that can compete! You should of stayed with the Iphone. Instead, you wanted the latest and greatest from palm. you made the switch, and once you get bored, you just want to throw it on the grown and pick up the next best toy like my 2 year old son does. On top of that, you come on here complaining to everyone that you want a droid, or HTC, etc. If you NEED a new phone, get it, but don't come on here and preach about what our phones can do and cant. Like stated previously, it is a new phone, and yes they are fixing bugs/glitches, that is expected. if you are too impatient, go get another phone, but for me, I think I'll stay right here. =)
    I look forward to the day when phones are like PCs and you can put whatever OS on it you want. Will that day ever come? Would it make sense to allow device manufacturers to allow us to do such a thing?
    I have the pre and a samsung moment... Android really isnt all that special to me... I mean I do like the marketplace but the pre's UI kicks androids **** all up and down the street... widgets are ok but the browser's are seriously laking compared to the pre's...
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Really? When?
    Quote Originally Posted by punkndrublic74 View Post
    How many of these are there, Webos is awesome and still in development. Android was in the very same boat this time last year. My opinion is webos is more intuitive and great GUI. It'll get better I say after Jan we'll see more Pro business apps.
    Honestly, Android was more mature at launch than WebOS.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I like to think that if/when you could have whatever OS you wanted, and having the ability to truly customize our devices, it will probably cost an arm and a leg. You have to remember that even though some of us here download and others buy apps, ringtone, etc. All of those make up a pretty substantial part of the carriers income. It would be great for us, but they would have to make up the lost profits somewhere...
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    I got rid of my iPhone because AT&T is too expensive. I did lots of research on both the Pre and the Hero before picking the Hero. The experience was way to different from what I had gotten used to on the iPhone, so I immediately didn't like it, took it back, and got a Pre. I loved the Pre for most of the time I had it. Certain things started to get on my nerves, but I was trying to wait for GPU support to come around. What made me go back to the Hero, though, was gadget wanderlust.

GPU support, CPU scaling, SmartReflex support, and a better build quality would perfect the phone.

The UI is great, though.
    My big thing is coming from Windows Mobile I was used to having set items on the home screen. I would love to have that feature on my Pre, and the biggest thing I am missing.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    i agree with you 100% dave. I know for a fact that everyone on here wants their Pre to do something that it doesn't (I am one of them =). Right now it is up to Palm and/or other people coming out with different things that could help implement various features from other interfaces. I am anxious to see everything that will be coming out in the next 6 months. You never know, it might just be the answer you(everybody) is looking for.