1.    #1  
    When connecting to the media drive right away there are 44 files that i have never seen before.

They range from FS CK-0000.REC through 0044.REC

Anyone have any idea what these are before i delete them all?

(I have no clue what i did to get them there, but they havent always been)
    Last edited by LunaticX; 12/11/2009 at 03:06 PM.
    Those are files created by the file system check. They are typically junk data and can be safely deleted.
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V
    Yeah, 'f.s.c.k' (forum won't let me type that without the dots) is a Linux command to verify the file system. Someone speculated that they might happen if you pull the plug without properly doing an 'eject' in USB mode? Safe to delete I believe (assuming you haven't had any file system problems).
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Actually, they're not junk. They are recovered files. As stated above, likely happens when you don't eject your pre when using usb mode.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by ssrjazz View Post
    Actually, they're not junk. They are recovered files. As stated above, likely happens when you don't eject your pre when using usb mode.
    Lol yup deff did that a few times..
    I wish i knew more...they are junk, but they are recovered files..
    makes no sense in my internal battle of delete them...or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by ssrjazz View Post
    Actually, they're recovered clusters, and most likely cannot be turned back into the original files by a lay computer user. It's much simpler to just copy the original file back to the Pre and delete the .REC files.
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V