Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have my phone in developer mode. I connect it and select charge only. Novacom does not install. I have downloaded webosdoctor and prewareinstaller...doesnt work. Tried the webosquick installer way...doesnt work. I am frustrated I don't understand why its not working when I followed the how to directions to the T.
    What operating system are you trying this on?
  3. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Are you sure you actually switched devmode on and reset your phone?
  4.    #4  
    Windows Vista. I entered the code. Hit developer mode and reset the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by PerfectHorizon View Post
    Windows Vista. I entered the code. Hit developer mode and reset the phone.
    Try a different USB port. I am not sure why this works but it does for some reason.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
  6.    #6  
    I connect it to the usb port. Hit charge only. Says "New Hardware Found" I hit locate and install driver...it searches for ever and finds nothing then asks for the disk that came with Novacom
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Restart your computer and see if it will then pick it up. That is what worked for me.
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    I connect it to the usb port. Hit charge only. Says "New Hardware Found" I hit locate and install driver...it searches for ever and finds nothing then asks for the disk that came with Novacom
    hmmmm....I never hit anything that said "locate and install driver."

Maybe try the Win7 install method. Take a look here: http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...er-method.html

Quote Originally Posted by DSPKweb View Post
    Restart your computer and see if it will then pick it up. That is what worked for me.
    +1

Restart early, and restart often, at least when it comes to computer problems

10.    #10  
    I don't have windows 7...does that matter. Restarted 3 times so far. Tried every USB port...nothing works. Can't install Novacom. Is that why the preware installer isnt working? Webosquick install doesnt work either...
    Did you try the WebOSQuickInstall reinstall of the Novacom drivers? Go to File -> Options, then there is a button to retry the Novacom install. Then reboot the computer and try again. I also had success in the beginning when connecting the phone and not hitting "Just charge" but letting it sit at the screen with the 3 choices. May or may not work for you though.
  12.    #12  
    Nothing happens when I click Options...webosquickinstall is not working at all.
  13.    #13  
    ok I have used the windows 7 walk thru. Novacom seems to be installed....what should I do now?
    ok I have used the windows 7 walk thru. Novacom seems to be installed....what should I do now?
    Connect your Pre in developer mode. Have fun

15.    #15  
    yeah...if that worked it would be great...but novacom is installed and nothing works...still! Webosquickinstaller still shows nothing...wont let me click on anything...tried the other method to install preware and that doesnt work either...absolutly nothing happens when I click the jar files for preware installer....this is the most obnoxious experience of my life.
  16.    #16  
    And, yes I have checked 5 times...developer mode is turned on. I have restarted my comp another 4 times...tried every single usb port again as well.
    Nothing happens when I click Options...webosquickinstall is not working at all.
    yeah...if that worked it would be great...but novacom is installed and nothing works...still! Webosquickinstaller still shows nothing...wont let me click on anything...tried the other method to install preware and that doesnt work either...absolutly nothing happens when I click the jar files for preware installer....this is the most obnoxious experience of my life.
    Step 1: Take a deep breath

Step 2: Try Re-downloading WebOS QI

Have you restarted your comp after you got the novacom driver installed? That may be in order if you haven't. And yes I know, restarts are annoying.

18.    #18  
    I have redownloaded webosQI 3 times
    I have redownloaded webosQI 3 times
    Hmmm...I need to think about this for a tad. I am going to link this thread in the general help thread at the top to get you some more traffic from our helper team. We will get this straightened out.

20.    #20  
    What is supposed to even happen when I connect the phone and hit charge only? I wanted to use the preware installer option because it seemed simple...I resorted to WebosQI when that didnt work...and QI does absolutely nothing. i dont even know if it is recognizing my phone.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast