Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    I don't understand why do you need QI?
    Just install Palm SDK, login to your phone with novacom and use "wget" or "ipkg download" commands to get your files on it.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    Out of curiosity is you vista computer 64 bit?
    My laptop that was total failz was not...the computer that I used that actually worked was in fact 64bit
    Quote Originally Posted by PerfectHorizon View Post
    Ok, first of all I got it working now. Second of all...I do not know why you assume that I am stupid and do not know how to read. The DR and QI were in the same folder the entire time. Yes It is the most recent since that is what the directions say. as my first post indicated...I read and followed the directions EXACTLY as they were written.

Thank you to those of you that actually tried to help instead of ask stupid questions about where I downloaded the files to or which version (Which BTW is not offering a solution it is just frustrating beyond belief).

ALSO: Telling me how big files are does not help resolve a problem either...
    Settle down. Those are basic questions that allow us to help you troubleshoot your problem and allows us to get up to speed to what you have tried and/or maybe overlooked. No one was calling you stupid nor was assuming it. From the title of your thread, those were basic questions that needed to be asked to try and help you.

I've helped many, many people in the WebOS Quick Install threads back to the very early versions of it (months ago). Asking about where you downloaded the files helps us help you. Some people have them in the separate folders (often a common problem). Also, the size of the file has also been an issue. Some people download a corrupted WebDR which size is revealed in KB's instead of MB's (again, another common problem).

Just trying to help you get your issue resolved. Glad to see it's working for you.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by PerfectHorizon View Post
    My laptop that was total failz was not...the computer that I used that actually worked was in fact 64bit
    Glad you got everything working. Enjoy the homebrew goodness!
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Settle down. Those are basic questions that allow us to help you troubleshoot your problem and allows us to get up to speed to what you have tried and/or maybe overlooked. No one was calling you stupid nor was assuming it. From the title of your thread, those were basic questions that needed to be asked to try and help you.

I've helped many, many people in the WebOS Quick Install threads back to the very early versions of it (months ago). Asking about where you downloaded the files helps us help you. Some people have them in the separate folders (often a common problem). Also, the size of the file has also been an issue. Some people download a corrupted WebDR which size is revealed in KB's instead of MB's (again, another common problem).

Just trying to help you get your issue resolved. Glad to see it's working for you.
    Right, but I clearly stated the answer to all of your questions in previous posts. I was quite clear that I had re-downloaded and reinstalled things multiple times...I was quite clear that the downloads were all in the same folder...The location of file downloads were direct from the how to's that are posted on this site. You basically told me that you had a solution...which was repeating everything that had been asked in the previous posts...and then saying "follow the directions", which is more frustrating than the thing not working in the first place.
    Cool. Hope it's working for you now. Have good times with the homebrews!!
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123