Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Hallo:

I was fooling around a bit with the SDK to check out for myself how great Web Os is. I stumbled upon a gift-wrap like icon and i gave it a click. The Emulator told me that I needed to create a profile, which i did.

So, I entered my information (name, e-mail, security question, pasword) and a few minutes later I got a mail from palm saying that my profile was created, i went to the link they sent me and I eventually got to a page that told me that everything was set and how to transfer my data.

I personally don't have a pre (yet). Could this mean that you could bypass the activation and use a previously-made profile?

Just asking/sharing, it could be that I don't understand the first thing about it...

kind regards
    Jeroen Claes
    SDK...? Can you explain. I have the palm pre and i want to bypass the activation..
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    You guys need to use Meta-Doctor to bbypass activation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joene View Post
    Hallo:

I was fooling around a bit with the SDK to check out for myself how great Web Os is. I stumbled upon a gift-wrap like icon and i gave it a click. The Emulator told me that I needed to create a profile, which i did.

So, I entered my information (name, e-mail, security question, pasword) and a few minutes later I got a mail from palm saying that my profile was created, i went to the link they sent me and I eventually got to a page that told me that everything was set and how to transfer my data.

I personally don't have a pre (yet). Could this mean that you could bypass the activation and use a previously-made profile?

Just asking/sharing, it could be that I don't understand the first thing about it...

kind regards
    Jeroen Claes
    quick someone with a no service pre duplicate this and sign in!!!!!!
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Palm this is something you should be looking to fix!
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    I think that this functionality is in the emulator on purpose. You can for example build an app that will use the customer's Palm Profile info to gain access somewhere (e.g. activation).

As tomi666 said, the profile is different from the one created right on the physical device, so it's more like a developer profile.