Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I have had a few application ideas but am not nearly intelligent enough to create the applications myself but someone else out there may be. This could also be a thread in which people include their own ideas for the programmers out there.

Just a couple useful ideas in the many that I have thought about:

1. Music recognition application

I had this on my HTC Touch Diamond from a program called Shazaam. It would listen for 10 seconds to music playing and would recognize the song that was playing. Comes in handy if you forgot the name of the song or artist.

2. Printer Application

With all our phones being Wi-Fi, and printers these days being Wi-Fi, it would be nice if there was a way to print a webpage or picture or anything, straight from the phone. Personally, I know that I check my email on my phone and sometimes would like to be able to print it off. I would also like the ability to be able to print from within applications if I come across something I like.

I am unaware if this all can be done or not, but just some ideas.
    Quote Originally Posted by slpintern View Post
    I have had a few application ideas but am not nearly intelligent enough to create the applications myself but someone else out there may be. This could also be a thread in which people include their own ideas for the programmers out there.

Just a couple useful ideas in the many that I have thought about:

1. Music recognition application

2. Printer Application
    Both great ideas. However, 1) can't be done as of yet because there is no microphone API in the SDK yet. It should be coming soon. Otherwise the Pre is completely capable of it. 2) is something I would like to see, but the one trick is you need drivers to talk to the printer I believe. I doubt that many companies/developers/homebrewer are going to develop printer drivers for WebOS. I could be wrong though.

I suspect that you will see 1) happen early in 2010 though.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Global Posts
    1,008 Global Posts
    Believe me, developers know about the good ideas. Problem is, most of them are not possible right now.
    Hope you dont wait to long .... while i think the Pre is a cool phone, doesn't seem like a winner so far for palm or Sprint.....