1.    #1  
    On Tuesday I recieved this text from Sprint, do I need to uninstall my patches and theme, or can I do this with my Pre as/is? I assume this in not the 1.3.5 update, but I really don't know what it is. Is it just a Sprint phone update and has nothing to do with the OS?

Thanks,

JetLincoln
    The only update I know of that can be given by *2 is a PRL (Priority Roaming List) update. I've never heard of them sending a text message about that, but other than wasting some time, no harm can be done by calling the customer support number).

And no, I wouldn't think there'd be any need to remove patches. The PRL isn't really related to webOS.
    it is prabably a PRL & or network update. You don't need to uninstall anything.

this link has a disscussion with links and more details than you may care for

prl is preferred roamimg list

http://forums.precentral.net/cdma-no...l-11-24-a.html
  4.    #4  
    You were right, it was a PRL update, (it didn't change mine, I was 60657 and still am.) Sprint tech service said they send blanket messages out like that every 6 months or so just to catch those who haven't updated. Thanks!