Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Everytime i try to update an App in the App catalogue i get " App Storage Is Full", will i have to wait for 1.3.5 to hit to fix this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cezasf View Post
    Everytime i try to update an App in the App catalogue i get " App Storage Is Full", will i have to wait for 1.3.5 to hit to fix this?
    This started today for me as well. What is strange is I have MVAPP installed.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    Look into Terminal --> MVAPP , good stuff , makes room for new apps by moving what you already have installed to the protected side.
    Quote Originally Posted by craftsman View Post
    This started today for me as well. What is strange is I have MVAPP installed.
    Have you used MVAPP to move apps ? Just having it installed is basically taking up room.
    1.3.5 may fix it, but you can fix it (at least) temporarily if you are willing to go through the steps outlined here. I've done it and am very pleased with the results.
    I ♥ my Pre.
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Angus View Post
    Look into Terminal --> MVAPP , good stuff , makes room for new apps by moving what you already have installed to the protected side.
    I don't have MVAPP, I dont want to have to hasle with deleting and moving Apps before 1.3.5 hits.

So i guess my only option is to wait for the 1.3.5 update.
    I don't have MVAPP, I dont want to have to hasle with deleting and moving Apps before 1.3.5 hits.

So i guess my only option is to wait for the 1.3.5 update.
    Preware is working on a work around on deleting patches for webos updates. Basically from what I understand the preware of the future will allow updating OS without the need to remove patches. This in my opinion is very nice.
    Have you used MVAPP to move apps ? Just having it installed is basically taking up room.
    Sorry, should have been more clear. I have used it many times MVAPP BULKMV but today have not been able to install anything new. Even older programs that are updates won't install. Deleted several apps to see if I had hit another limit but No go.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    Sorry, should have been more clear. I have used it many times MVAPP BULKMV but today have not been able to install anything new. Even older programs that are updates won't install. Deleted several apps to see if I had hit another limit but No go.
    Are you comfortable posting a screen shot of the terminal app , I believe you would want to use MVAP list ,give a better idea of what is installed and where. I am by no means an expert. Just looking to help if I can.
    Are you comfortable posting a screen shot of the terminal app , I believe you would want to use MVAP list ,give a better idea of what is installed and where. I am by no means an expert. Just looking to help if I can.
    Not sure if posting a screen shot will help but here is a MVAPP D results for my pre.

Gathering diag report, hold please...
    var used: 38MB 15%
    var available: 210MB
    app used: 7MB on /var
    # total apps: 138
    # var apps: 47
    # media apps: 91
    email used: 47MB on /media
    attachmnt used: 19MB on /media
    var tmp used: 0MB
    opt used: 0MB
    ipkg lists: 2MB

Recommendations...

- Keep "var used" well below 125MB.

This report is available on media
    drive as... diagreport.rtf
    Not sure if posting a screen shot will help but here is a MVAPP D results for my pre.

Gathering diag report, hold please...
    var used: 38MB 15%
    var available: 210MB
    app used: 7MB on /var
    # total apps: 138
    # var apps: 47
    # media apps: 91
    email used: 47MB on /media
    attachmnt used: 19MB on /media
    var tmp used: 0MB
    opt used: 0MB
    ipkg lists: 2MB

Recommendations...

- Keep "var used" well below 125MB.

This report is available on media
    drive as... diagreport.rtf
    This works just as well , email ? Try moving the email or deleting what you don't need. Again........just trying to help.

Check this out...http://forums.precentral.net/2011343-post6.html
    Last edited by Colonel Angus; 12/10/2009 at 10:31 PM.
    It's easy...if you have the Word Ace game installed, just delete the app, as it will free up a lot of storage memory.
    Did something just change, yesterday all of a sudden I also started getting the "app storage is full" error including on updates. Never had an issue before. It said I need 2.4MB free, so I cleaned up 10 apps of more then 20MB and still no luck. I thought the fairdinkum work around was now built into preware and this has taken care of me all along, until yesterday at least.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbett View Post
    Did something just change, yesterday all of a sudden I also started getting the "app storage is full" error including on updates. Never had an issue before. It said I need 2.4MB free, so I cleaned up 10 apps of more then 20MB and still no luck. I thought the fairdinkum work around was now built into preware and this has taken care of me all along, until yesterday at least.

Jeff
    I am not aware of any changes , I used terminal // MVAPP BULKMV this allowed me to update a few apps that before using the MVAPP BULKMV would not allow due to limited space.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbett View Post

Jeff
    This is what I am seeing as well. I think it is on Palm's end.
    Here is the error.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I don't understand why Palm even setup the Pre like this. The phone has GB's of storage space, but can barely hold any apps. Limiting the storage space would end up costing Palm losses, since users wouldn't be able to install anymore FREE and PAID apps. I choose the Pre over an Android phone, because I thought I would get more storage space with the Pre.

Hopefully Palm fixes this soon. The Pre is going to be offered on other US networks in 2010; so they need to fix this problem A.S.A.P!
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    For those of you who have used mvapp and have var used below 125MB yet still can't download new apps, you also may need to have 'partial app limit fix' turned on in PreWare preferences.

BTW, a new version of mvapp was released today. See thread in link below.
    xorg tools - power tools for power users
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    1.3.5 Update coming tommorrow!
    1.3.5 Update coming tommorrow!
    you mean tonight????!!!! right!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast