1.    #1  
    I am considering using homebrew apps (mostly because the app store is tiny and I like to fiddle around with stuff). In order to install preware which will then get me all the homebrew apps is it necessary to reset my phone (the guide says entering developing mode requires a reset)? If so is it a hard or soft reset? Also if I have homebrew apps on my phone and I need to update webos or something else using update manager do I need to uninstall all the homebrew stuff first? Also, is there a way to update the homebrew apps without unistalling and reinstalling them? Please let me know so I can decide if I want to use homebrew or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by PerfectHorizon View Post
    I am considering using homebrew apps (mostly because the app store is tiny and I like to fiddle around with stuff). In order to install preware which will then get me all the homebrew apps is it necessary to reset my phone (the guide says entering developing mode requires a reset)? If so is it a hard or soft reset? Also if I have homebrew apps on my phone and I need to update webos or something else using update manager do I need to uninstall all the homebrew stuff first? Also, is there a way to update the homebrew apps without unistalling and reinstalling them? Please let me know so I can decide if I want to use homebrew or not.
    Turning DevMode on will require a reboot, yes. No data will be wiped; it's just like restarting your computer.

Currently, you'll need to uninstall themes and patches before updates, but homebrew apps are just fine to leave on. Both Preware and WOSQI support homebrew app updating.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  3.    #3  
    Ok, so in preware on the phone updates show up or do I use the "Updates" app that came on the phone? Also what is a patch vs. an app? What do patches do?
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Preware has its own update mechanism. You'd use that.
    Apps are well applications same as they are on your PC. Something that offers standalone functionality.
    Patches make changes to other apps and system functionality.

ian