1.    #1  
    I searched for this but didn't find anything. The past few days I have been getting the missed call notification but the phone is on my desk right next to me and doesn't ring. I sit at my desk all day and usually have the phone on my desk or in my shirt pocket. I would hear the notification alert and my phone would show the missed call. I have great signal so I know its not a signal issue.

Has anyone experienced this? It is not every time but lately its been happening more often. Today it happened 3 times while I was waiting for a call. I don't know if this is a Sprint problem or Pre problem?
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    The only time I've ever experienced that issue is when I was having bad reception on my phone, it would normally do that several times a day, either showing the missed call notification or only a voicemail notification. Haven't had the issue since I have the airave now.
    Do you get low signal or have you noticed low signal when the issue arrises?
    do you use any headset? I only missed calls when ever my phone is stuck in headset mode. This has not happen to me since 1.2.1 used to be a daily problem not anymore to me
  4.    #4  
    Its not a signal issue, I have 4 bars at work and an airave at home. This happened to me the other day sitting about 6 feet away from my airave.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    when that happens to me its usually when I'm on the brink of a sprin signal. I wouldn't necessarily blame sprint because my other sprint phones seem to have a good signal where the pre does not so I suspect the pre antenna simply sucks.
    Happens to me, but doesn't even show a missed call - I'll just see the alert for a new voicemail without the phone ever having rung. Happened twice today.

Jim
    the pre had a brain fart lol ha ha ! well i thought it was funny anyways .
    this typically happens when and if something on your phone is updating through 3g since you cant make a call and get on the internet at the same time this stands to reason . so if you have something running on your phone thats updating once in a while like say for instance email well thats going to happen or a messenger that keeping updated or some app thats checking back to update often . it happened to me when i had AHS active home screen ....alot! so have a great day!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    This was just happening to me. My button (for screen off/on) was sticking. Went to Sprint and bam, new phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPre View Post
    This was just happening to me. My button (for screen off/on) was sticking. Went to Sprint and bam, new phone.
    sweet sounds like a good deal to me !!!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    I experienced this today as well. No ring, no missed call history, but I got a voicemail.

Are you folks using Google Voicemail?
  11.    #11  
    I am using google voicemail. I do get the missed call notification on my phone which means the call did get through (sort of)
    This has happened to me occasionally too. I do use GoogleVoice.
    this has been happening to me a lot lately
    check your switch. Sprint rep told me 6 phones in 3 weeks for switch peoblem.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    This used to happen with my wife's Centro Treo because the default SCI was too high. On the Centro old Treos the value can be changed, but I don't know if we have access to it on the Pre.

YMMV. Just my $0.02.
    Last edited by jrtesq; 12/11/2009 at 08:55 AM. Reason: change Centro to Treo
    It may seem like I am doing nothing, but on a cellular level I'm really quite busy.
    This is just an issue you will get with any cellular device. Certainty not exclusive to the pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by jrtesq View Post
    This used to happen with my wife's Treo because the default SCI was too high. On the Centro the value can be changed, but I don't know if we have access to it on the Pre.

YMMV. Just my $0.02.
    It can be done but you'll need your MSL code. I contacted Sprint tech through the chat feature on their website and they provided me mine. I wasn't "missing" calls but by the time I could get the phone unholstered and slid open people were hanging up. My sister asked me why it took me so long to answer the phone; it had rang once on my end and 4 times on her end.

Default slot index is 2 and the formula used is 1.3*(slot index) + 1.3 on how often it polls the tower. So at it's default setting it polls the tower once every 3.9 seconds.

To access the settings go into your phone app and enter ##3282# (##DATA#) and hit dial. Go to menu - advanced and your slot index is about half way down. When you click on it to change it you'll be prompted for your MSL. I set mine to 1 and haven't noticed any difference in battery life by it checking the tower every 2.6 seconds instead of every 3.9 seconds.
    Quote Originally Posted by jrtesq View Post
    This used to happen with my wife's Centro Treo because the default SCI was too high. On the Centro old Treos the value can be changed, but I don't know if we have access to it on the Pre.

YMMV. Just my $0.02.
    This can be accessed on the Pre. Check out this thread.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-palm-pre.html
    Quote Originally Posted by cdbillups View Post
    It can be done but you'll need your MSL code. I contacted Sprint tech through the chat feature on their website and they provided me mine. I wasn't "missing" calls but by the time I could get the phone unholstered and slid open people were hanging up. My sister asked me why it took me so long to answer the phone; it had rang once on my end and 4 times on her end.

Default slot index is 2 and the formula used is 1.3*(slot index) + 1.3 on how often it polls the tower. So at it's default setting it polls the tower once every 3.9 seconds.

To access the settings go into your phone app and enter ##3282# (##DATA#) and hit dial. Go to menu - advanced and your slot index is about half way down. When you click on it to change it you'll be prompted for your MSL. I set mine to 1 and haven't noticed any difference in battery life by it checking the tower every 2.6 seconds instead of every 3.9 seconds.
    Almost correct. It is actually 1.28*2^(slot cycle index). About the same as you said but the numbers come out a little different.
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    Almost correct. It is actually 1.28*2^(slot cycle index). About the same as you said but the numbers come out a little different.
    Was working from memory; that usually comes back to bite me.