Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 53 of 53
  1. #41  
    The question might be backwards. Have the makers given up on Sprint?

    A Pixi is coming to Verizon with wifi. A gphone or htc passion is rumored for the other three..no mention of Sprint.

    Sprint needs to pull their head out as they continue to bleed customers. At least with Palm there is daylight ahead, since their exclusive with sprint ends soon. If they can introduce a new high end device at CES to release on Verizon, then things look a bit better for them. Anything less will be disappointing.
  2. #42  
    ^^WHAT??

    No, the makers want Sprint and other carriers. If Sprint doesn't have a certain phone its because Sprint themselves did not want it. Phones are very expensive to each carrier...why do you think Verizon doubled their early termination fee? because they're giving away so many free phones. Sprint will continue to exists without Palm...Palm may have died out without Sprint. Sprints the only one who supported the Treo Pro or the 800wx and IMO...they both failed. Not miserably but working at Sprint...I really didnt see those two sell well. Theyre really good phones but theres no WOW form factor.

    Palm is just desperate to sell the Pre and Pixi I bet it wont be too long before Metro PCS and Cricket have it. LOL

    To me, Palm approached the consumer far too late. In their minds, they thought:
    "These phones will serve to new smartphone buyers" hence the lack of MANY features...options...poor build quality. That would have worked in 2006!! ..its 2009 and everyone and their mom has had a smartphone (jk)...but you get the idea. They said their apps would be all about quality..but now theyre just desperate to release apps we have like 5 different fart apps.
  3. jye75's Avatar
    Posts
    107 Posts
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by LACienega View Post
    ^^Yes that was the first thing I did but its still crap. I thought it may have been our demo but no, I experienced the same issue with all of 'em.
    I type rather quickly on virtual keyboards and several people have returned the Hero because according to them 'the keyboard doesn't keep up'.

    Besides that the phone is great.
    It's probably user error. Fat fingers, whatever you want to call it. Typing on glass takes time to master for those who are used to a hardware keyboard. I'm the IT Manager at my company, and I've personally activated, setup, and used the on-screen keyboard over 50 of them with no problems whatsoever. And while you are an employee at a mobile phone store, I don't think you are sitting there activating every phone and trying out their keyboards just for S&G's, prior to the customer making the purchase. (Or maybe you are... I'll just make a mental note not to shop at your store.)
  4. #44  
    ^^LMAO

    I have an ipod touch, used and htc touch, and have the onscreen keyboard on my Pre. Plus I work with mobile phones all day. I think I know a good virtual keyboard when I use one. I use virtual keyboards with both hands...just like I would on a real keyboard so I type quickly...The Heros keyboard is crap. Get over it. Im not here to bash the Hero in favor of the Pre...I just tell it like it is. The Instinct keyboard keeps up with my typing better than the Hero's.
  5. #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by LACienega View Post
    ^^LMAO

    I have an ipod touch, used and htc touch, and have the onscreen keyboard on my Pre. Plus I work with mobile phones all day. I think I know a good virtual keyboard when I use one. I use virtual keyboards with both hands...just like I would on a real keyboard so I type quickly...The Heros keyboard is crap. Get over it. Im not here to bash the Hero in favor of the Pre...I just tell it like it is. The Instinct keyboard keeps up with my typing better than the Hero's.
    Maybe the Hero's isn't good, but I love the one on my Droid. The one on my mom's HTC Droid Eris does quite well as well, she has no issues typing on it, and this is her first smartphone.
  6. jye75's Avatar
    Posts
    107 Posts
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by LACienega View Post
    ^^LMAO

    I have an ipod touch, used and htc touch, and have the onscreen keyboard on my Pre. Plus I work with mobile phones all day. I think I know a good virtual keyboard when I use one. I use virtual keyboards with both hands...just like I would on a real keyboard so I type quickly...The Heros keyboard is crap. Get over it. Im not here to bash the Hero in favor of the Pre...I just tell it like it is. The Instinct keyboard keeps up with my typing better than the Hero's.
    Alright dude... I'll take your word for it. Not really interested in your view any longer, because you don't tell it like it is... you tell your individual opinion, but not fact. No biggie... BTW, in retail, do you tell your customers that one device is crap over another? Just curious. (not really)
  7. #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by jye75 View Post
    Alright dude... I'll take your word for it. Not really interested in your view any longer, because you don't tell it like it is... you tell your individual opinion, but not fact. No biggie... BTW, in retail, do you tell your customers that one device is crap over another? Just curious. (not really)
    If one is, I expect to know it. Like when I went to buy a TV for my mom, looking at all the different brands, the salesman told it like it is, even asked me "do you want the truth?", very candid, and I made the right choice and he even cut 65 off the price. That's a salesman I can respect.
  8. gbp
    gbp is offline
    gbp's Avatar
    Posts
    2,506 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by LACienega View Post
    ^^LMAO

    The Heros keyboard is crap. Get over it. The Instinct keyboard keeps up with my typing better than the Hero's.
    Yup, That was my experience too.
    iPhone / iPod touch rule in virtual keyboard department.
    Hero can be optimized. hopefully they will fix it after 2.0 upgrade.
  9. gbp
    gbp is offline
    gbp's Avatar
    Posts
    2,506 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by LACienega View Post
    ^^WHAT??

    No, the makers want Sprint and other carriers. If Sprint doesn't have a certain phone its because Sprint themselves did not want it. Phones are very expensive to each carrier...why do you think Verizon doubled their early termination fee? because they're giving away so many free phones. Sprint will continue to exists without Palm...Palm may have died out without Sprint. Sprints the only one who supported the Treo Pro or the 800wx and IMO...they both failed. Not miserably but working at Sprint...I really didnt see those two sell well. Theyre really good phones but theres no WOW form factor.

    Palm is just desperate to sell the Pre and Pixi I bet it wont be too long before Metro PCS and Cricket have it. LOL

    To me, Palm approached the consumer far too late. In their minds, they thought:
    "These phones will serve to new smartphone buyers" hence the lack of MANY features...options...poor build quality. That would have worked in 2006!! ..its 2009 and everyone and their mom has had a smartphone (jk)...but you get the idea. They said their apps would be all about quality..but now theyre just desperate to release apps we have like 5 different fart apps.
    Really ?
    I guess SPRINT as a company is lame.
    If they can't get new customers with Pre, Hero, Moment, Tour, Touch Pro2, Treo Pro at higher end , and the Reclaims and rumors at the lower end I am not sure when can they get new customers ? When they announce iPhone ?

    The fact that SPRINT is a lazy company remains. I have been with them over 10 years ( same number , same plan for 7 years). I never saw them work hard towards customer issues. Even now they suck.
    I will give you an example. Each two years, I have this "Activation Fee" of $ 36.00 , which the 1800 SPRINT Lady waives it. Then I go to the store, the guy has no clue about the waiver, he encourages me to talk to the 800 number. I have to pick my phone to call the dumb 800 Sprint Lady to tell my story. They the 800 Lady will escalate the issue to another 800 super dumb Guy / Lady . Takes 40 minutes to get the 36 dollars waived.

    Now the same activation fee issue exist , but you have to be on phone for only 5 minutes.

    And don't get me started on their network.
    There were few bad network coverage blind spots where I lived.
    I complained to them over and over on those.
    After 5 years they still remain blind spots.
    Thanks to Airave, I can use the phone.

    Lately their network is "Okay" only because millions left their service .

    Sprint did give up on the Pre, because they did not advertise it enough.
    You could argue that PALM should have done , but they have got no money.

    I can't wait for Pre / Pixi on Verizon network.
  10. jye75's Avatar
    Posts
    107 Posts
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    If one is, I expect to know it. Like when I went to buy a TV for my mom, looking at all the different brands, the salesman told it like it is, even asked me "do you want the truth?", very candid, and I made the right choice and he even cut 65 off the price. That's a salesman I can respect.
    Yeah, true, but there is a big difference in basing the "truth" on one's personal opinion versus basing it on fact.

    (Just between you and me, there is a reason he cut 65% off the price of your new TV, and it wasn't, "because it's YOU.")
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by jye75 View Post
    Yeah, true, but there is a big difference in basing the "truth" on one's personal opinion versus basing it on fact.

    (Just between you and me, there is a reason he cut 65% off the price of your new TV, and it wasn't, "because it's YOU.")
    He cut $65 off, and he did it because he expected me to buy the $65 extended warranty, but I declined and still got the price he offered. TV was an LG 32" that did 1080p, excellent TV.
  12. jye75's Avatar
    Posts
    107 Posts
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    He cut $65 off, and he did it because he expected me to buy the $65 extended warranty, but I declined and still got the price he offered. TV was an LG 32" that did 1080p, excellent TV.
    Ahh, gotcha.. Decent of him.
  13. #53  
    Keep in mind that Sprint would be foolish to focus their advertising too much on the Pre and Pixi right now with both those phones about to land on Verizon. Carriers sign exclusivity deals for certain phones in the hopes that that phone will garner new subscribers. Phones that are available across subscribers are not going to do that, so they're going to be featured less prominently in advertising.

    Personally, I thought Sprint and Palm bungled the marketing of the Pre horribly. The campaign for the Pixi seems to be much smarter and more effectively targeted.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions