Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Anyone else had problems with the data, GPRS or 3G, stops working after a while?

Happend a few times this week. Got great signal and the display indicates Edge or 3G connection but when I try to browse it just idles. If if reboot the phone it starts working again.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    I've installed the Data Toggle patch so that when I'm at home it stays connected to my local network (I have a poor O2 network where I live and I'm going to keep badgering them about it!). I have only noticed the data stop working occasionally after using the data toggle, when I toggle the data back on to go out in the big bad world. Again, a reboot starts it working.
    Could this be the DNS bug reported elsewhere ?
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    Yes I used to get it, had my phone and sim changed but no luck. However since I deleted my palm profile, doctored my phone and installed no patches, its been fine.

I think theres a patch affecting it and its something which is backed up with the palm profile
    I have kind of the same problem.
    After doctoring it with original palm webos 1.3.1 it works fine for some days (3G). Then i can't get it working again.
    Seems like there is something wrong in the carriersettings file, since i can't even send SMS anymore, after data stopped working.
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    to get a complete reset you need to delete your palm profile backup. I believe some of the network settings are backed up and if its faulty it will transfer back to youe phone after doctoring
    Same issue here...it is very infuriating! I love 3g in the wild...when it works lol...Oddly enough this also happens when I am using wifi! Will be working fine then just idles. Sometimes if i close the card and reopen it works just fine..other times I have to restart my phone. Any ideas as to why?
    I have the same problem. Everything is fine with data (3g) until I change connection to wifi and then go back to 3g. I have to reset device before I could use data again.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    I too have this problem. Rather than reboot, try enabling/disabling Aeroplane mode - works for me.
    You're invited to follow me on Twitter