Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Sorry if this topic has been covered before here.

I recently lost a drive that contained a majority of my MP3 files. Fortunately I had most of them backed up on another drive, but some are backed up only to my PalmPre.

Is there any way to get the MP3s off my Pre?

Thanks,
    Tommy
    When you connect your phone via USB you should be able to see the media directory where all of the MP3's are. Just copy them back...
  3.    #3  
    It's weird. I have no folder listed as Media....but i have hundreds on MP3s on the Pre
  4.    #4  
    But the other folders are listed...DCIM...Ringtones...etc...but not media
    Last edited by tommynolan; 12/10/2009 at 03:22 PM.
    You won't see it as "media"... That's where it is on the Pre but you will see it as the root of the "USB drive". You should have a directory with all of your files in it there. I have a music directory with all of my MP3s (and some subdirectories).
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    if you synced your music with itunes, the mp3s might be in the ipod control folder
    Pre USB mode > Open up Pre USB window on PC > Tools > Folder Options > View > Show hidden files and folders.

Look for them there.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  8.    #8  
    i can see the files on my pre in itunes...i'm trying to sync them back to my computer...
  9.    #9  
    Want to post a screen shot...but i don't have enough posts yet...
  10.    #10  
    Oh and i contacted Palm's chat support and got some d-bag tech that had no clue what he was talking about. Was zero help. He actually told me to contact Apple iTunes support. I laughed at him.
  11.    #11  
    Any thoughts anyone?
  12.    #12  
    bump
    You should be able to use your operating system's search functionality to perform a search for *.mp3 on your "USB drive" while your Pre is plugged in.
  14.    #14  
    I am on a Mac, that could be an issue. But I am able to use the Pre in USB mode and can see the directories listed on the device - except none contain any MP3 files. Strange.
  15.    #15  
    Bump.
    I seem to recall a thread several weeks ago about not being able to find music on the phone that had been synced with itunes.
  17.    #17  
    Screen shot of my Pre in USB mode:

Quote Originally Posted by tommynolan View Post
    Screen shot of my Pre in USB mode:

Check this thread out. Not sure how to do it on a Mac: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-my-music.html
  19.    #19  
    Didn't find anything on that thread that could help me.
    Quote Originally Posted by tommynolan View Post
    Didn't find anything on that thread that could help me.
    I found some Mac instructions in another thread. Try this:

It IS possible to show hidden folders on a mac.

Open Terminal and type:

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE

killall Finder

Finder restarts and BAM, hidden folders.

Of course, to go back to 'normal', replace true with FALSE.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast