Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    I guess folks love to debate forever about PALM's fate.
    They are back, with two phones and a rapidly growing APP store.
    They had 30 something APPS in June 2009, now they are crossing 600.
    And the fact that they make money is the most important thing we should debate / argue about. The rest i.e. comparing to APPLE and RIMM is bunch of bull.

There are a billion customers in the world who will be moving to smart phones from dumb phones.

All the smartphone manufactures are making money now , and will continue to make money over next 10 years as these billion folks move to smart phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunil 237 View Post
    that would be true if o2 didn't try put you off the pre and shift you onto the iphone.
    read my previous post, i've had that kind of experience in 2 stores.
    atleast in the US there is competitive marketing between operators, here it is just one saying no the iphone is what you want.

this makes the pre ever more tempting for me. i prefer to be a bit more unique than a sheep (sheep of a good product but sheep nonetheless)
    If you are a Sprint Customer in the US, it is not possible to buy the iPhone without changing networks. If you want a GSM phone with 3G support, its not possible to buy the Pre. I could think the Pre was the greatest phone ever and still not be able to buy it.
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    I guess folks love to debate forever about PALM's fate.
    They are back, with two phones and a rapidly growing APP store.
    They had 30 something APPS in June 2009, now they are crossing 600.
    And the fact that they make money is the most important thing we should debate / argue about. The rest i.e. comparing to APPLE and RIMM is bunch of bull.

There are a billion customers in the world who will be moving to smart phones from dumb phones.

All the smartphone manufactures are making money now , and will continue to make money over next 10 years as these billion folks move to smart phones.
    Difference between making money (sales) and making a profit. Sure, they're selling some Pre's. Proof is in the profit. Guess we'll find out if they're selling enough.
    The App situation is even worse outside he US. Not even Canadians have access to paid apps. It makes a bleak situation that much more disappointing.
    Global Posts
    1,008 Global Posts
    Where the heck is SharonW -- was she just here pumping the stock since she was long on PALM and didn't even own a Pre? I remember one of her last posts was to brag about how good UK sales were going to be. Yeah, OK, right.
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    And Palm isn't giving the majority of them a compelling reason to even consider their platform.
  7. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    And Palm isn't giving the majority of them a compelling reason to even consider their platform.
    Really ? So which platform do you think these folks will choose ?
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    Blackberry (sad but true) and iPhone's
    Quote Originally Posted by kanaka View Post
    Blackberry (sad but true) and iPhone's
    Not sure what's so sad about people picking a Blackberry but outside the US Nokia is still very popular. In the US, I think Android is going to end up being the third platform.
    Palm Pre Not Selling WELL in UK. Sheesh.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123