1.    #1  
    Dear all,

I'm fortunate enough to have been lent a Palm Pre for a few weeks to evaluate from a business (and for possible personal use!) perspective, and after the few hours I've had it already have some questions. Please note I'm based in the UK on the O2 network using webOS 1.3.1.

1) The top right of the display says "G" - I presume that is GPRS, and not 3G? Is there a way to toggle 3G on? How do I find out what G I am using?

2) I'd just like to "minimize" all my running applications to view the homescreen. I can press the button to get card view, but I want to just close (minimize) everything for a clean look. Is this possible?

3) Finally something more advanced, can the ActiveSync utility sync subfolders automatically or so I have to select each folder to see potentially new messages? I have set some up as favourites which is better than nothing, but they don't seem to automatically pick up new mail.

Cheers
  2.    #2  
    I've fixed number 1 - went into phone preferences and saw it buried there. Turns out I'm not using a 3G SIM card. Gah!

Any takers for 2 or 3?
    2) No - that's not how Luna works - but you can shrink the cards again in card view.
    I just synch straight to the IMAP server itself, then everything is kept in the proper places on both Pre and desktop. You may have to check if you are using POP3 or IMAP at the mail server end.

If you are using Exchange Server, sorry no idea, long time since I used it !
    Quote Originally Posted by nothin2seehere View Post
    3) Finally something more advanced, can the ActiveSync utility sync subfolders automatically or so I have to select each folder to see potentially new messages? I have set some up as favourites which is better than nothing, but they don't seem to automatically pick up new mail.
    I'd also like to be able to do this. That's the way WinMo works - you can select which folders you want to sync, and the phone will pick up new messages in any of them every time it syncs.
    On the Pre however it only seems to pick up new messages from the Inbox automatically. As you say, if you go into any other folder it will retrieve the messages on the fly, but that's not the same thing.

For what it's worth, the behaviour is the same whether connecting to IMAP (Gmail) or Exchange.

I wonder if there's a patch for that...