1.    #1  
    I use LogMeIn extensively to log in to remotely my work computer over the net. As far as I know they have yet to develop a WebOS version. Does anyone know of anything comparable I can use on a Pre? I have tried the PCAnywhere site for guidance with no luck.

TIA
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    There is RemoteWin. Does not seem to be the most supported app around and it took some doing to get working, but once it works, it works well. I don't have the paid version, which you would need in order for it to really be functional not just a novelty.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Though, I would like logmein to do something.
    I got RemoteWin (the paid version) and it was simple to setup and worked great. Sometimes needs manual screen refreshes, but overall pretty good. Lots of help in the forums about it too.

There are some limitations (pretty much like most VNC apps) but overall works well.
  5.    #5  
    jdod -- maybe an email campaign should be organized?
    don't get remotewin, I paid for it and remotelinux and the guy never got back to me. ci called, left messages and even posted on his forum and just got ignored. I ordered them separately at different times (weeks apart) with different email addresses and still nothing. In fact, I just checked his forums and it turns out he deleted my post asking about it.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jayintoronto View Post
    jdod -- maybe an email campaign should be organized?
    I do plan to contact them about this and try to step up others contacts to them.
    I've used win remote and it was very slow in refreshing. I paid the guy $11 for upgrades, and only got one. I'm reluctant to try it again for another $10. I finely found a way to log into another computer reliably. I'm using Classic along with RDM+. I find it very easy to use after some practice. Classic is $30 and RDM+ is another $15, but I feel like I'm getting what I paid for. I'm even able to watch security camera's on it too.
    Be wary of RemoteWin. It requires administrative privileges, but is not capable of running as a service. What that means to you is that it's impossible to set RemoteWin to automatically start with your computer if you're on Windows Vista or Windows 7.
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    I do plan to contact them about this and try to step up others contacts to them.
    I have already contacted logmein back in October but it couldn't hurt to contact them again. Here is the response I received from them on 10/16/09.

Hello,

Thanks for your interest; currently, the only platform we support is the iPhone. However, please check our website frequently for information on new products! Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions.

Amanda
    do not use remoteWin, it is a terrible app and not worth a dollar let alone ten