Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    For the second time today I tried to buy my wife a Pre for Christmas at Best Buy. There is only one person in the store who can help me because I'm upgrading and that person is never there. The person who I talk to tonight told me that he wouldn't recommended a Pre because they've had a lot of them returned lately (he said 9 out of 10). I asked the guy what kind of phone he had, and of course it was an Iphone. Has anyone recently bought a Pre and had problems with it? I got my Pre on release day and I love it with no problems at all.
    he was just an iphone ****** is all ,i would not doubt it if he was lying.
    ĦṔ-ḶřŘṫ-ŦḯŘη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    wow it delete the word fan --- boy lol
    ĦṔ-ḶřŘṫ-ŦḯŘη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Anyone in the mobile phone area can upgrade you. Got both my pre's @ best buy simple process.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mvpilot172 View Post
    Anyone in the mobile phone area can upgrade you. Got both my pre's @ best buy simple process.
    This one person is the only one who knows how to sell the phone at the upgrade price without activating it since I'm going to wait until after Christmas before it's activated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bri2e View Post
    This one person is the only one who knows how to sell the phone at the upgrade price without activating it since I'm going to wait until after Christmas before it's activated.
    color me boggled
    My BB said they *had* to activate, and I tend to believe them. I picked one up for my wife at the $79 upgrade price when I knew my wife was at home and likely not using her Centro. They activated and I then just went to sprint.com and reactivated her Centro without her knowing.

The one downside is that Sprint, in trying to improve customer care *will* call to see how your new phone is working out - almost blew my cover....
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Bought both of ours at Best Buy, who also opened our Sprint accounts at the time.
    i purchased mine from BB and like it better then the ones i purchased from the sprint store (they were defective and took them back for full refund).

i can tell you, i purchased mine from online and it came not activated. i had to call and have it turned on. they give you some number to call and have it activated, but then i ended up calling sprint to have it remedied. may not be the situation for you.

if that guy is not there, you may want to handle it online. and you dont have to goto the store

EDIT: mine was an upgrade. one problem you may encounter is sprint will send an email informing you of contract change. it did not give detail, just the fact that this was the plan i accepted and would be under contract until xx/xx/xxxx. just have your account email changed to yours only so she does not see it.

EDIT2: it did not discuss the phone in any way. if you want i can forward you the email. it is quite subtle and looked just like information
    Pre be with you.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. -- Winston Churchill

Happiness is not achieved by the conscious pursuit of happiness; it is generally the by-product of other activities. -- Aldous Huxley
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Bought mine at BestBuy and also exchanged the first one (defective) for a new one at a different BestBuy. The salesperson at the first store was pretty clueless about phones in general. The one at the second store was more into them. He said that they haven't sold many Pre's since the Hero was released.
    I had a BB guy try and tell me not to buy the Pre, he didn't even bring up the issue with defects/returns. He insisted Palm was going out of business. And he happened to be a Blackberry 8320 user, the exact phone I was trying to escape lol.
    I bought mine from BB online as they do not sell Sprint at BB in WA state. Tried to connect to the network to set up my profile and the phone would not connect. I have *ok* service from my house but never had problems with my Treo 755p, but I drove up the hill to an area with full service, still no connect.

Took the phone to Sprint repair, they verified it was defective. When you have a problem with BB online, there is no one to call, it is only *chat* online. The phone comes with a FedEx shipping label, but it is for ground service, meaning 5 days to return defective unit. I upgraded shipping at my own expense to have the return be 2nd day. I should have replacement unit within a day or two, but this was a hassle. I'm wondering if Sprint will help me during my 1 year warranty period as this has not been smooth. I did love getting the phone for $79.99 but any more of these return issues will not make that price so attractive.

I am enthusiastically committed to the Pre, though.
    yes, sprint will fix any repair issues. they dont know where you purchased it. they are a palm repair facility.

all this is from what i understand
    Pre be with you.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. -- Winston Churchill

Happiness is not achieved by the conscious pursuit of happiness; it is generally the by-product of other activities. -- Aldous Huxley
    Here's a simple soultion - Ask him if you can speak to the manager about why they are continuing to sell a product that his obviously below Best Buy standards. If he keeps telling you how you shouldn't get it, insist on speaking to the manager. He'll sell you the Pre.