1.    #1  
    I deleted my PDF Viewer! Can someone please help me get it back??
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    I deleted my PDF Viewer! Can someone please help me get it back??
    that is an interesting problem have you done any homebrew to your computer i ask because the same homebrew like set up would be needed to use web os repair utility
    i would think this would solve your problem because the pdf reader is in the web os firmware image
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the reply. I have done some homebrew to my computer.
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    try using web os repair utility will post a link if you need but you should be able to search the forums for it
  5.    #5  
    I called palm and they need to use the web os doctor. Since I have a bunch of homebrew patches and apps will it affect my pre?
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    I called palm and they need to use the web os doctor. Since I have a bunch of homebrew patches and apps will it affect my pre?
    currently yes have they used the doc yet?
    what you might want to do is remove the patches that you have on your pre at the moment
  7.    #7  
    They have not used the doc. I will call them tomorrow and I will remove all patches. Do I need to remove preware?
    Thanks
    They have not used the doc. I will call them tomorrow and I will remove all patches. Do I need to remove preware?
    Thanks
    Nope, just remove Your theme(if your using one) then all of your patches. Use the EPR(Emergancy Patch Removal) App on Preware. You can find it by going to Preware> List Everything & search for Emergancy. Should pop right up.

I think I read somewhere here on P/C that webos doctor leaves the USB portin of the Pre alone, but just in case backup your pics, music, docs and anything else you can/want to. Then run the webos doctor.

Oh, did ya try what gary suggested in this thread you started about the same issue.
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...df-viewer.html

Might be a bit easier than doctoring it.
  9.    #9  
    Before I call palm today I am going to use the emergency patch like u said. I also checked to see if my info was backed up by Palm. I noticed that since I installed Preware and downloaded patches that my Palm is not being backed up anymore. ( even though Back up is on "on" and supposed to be automatic. ) Is this normal? If i click the back up now button will I mess up my new pre?
    Last edited by stu5797; 12/10/2009 at 06:51 AM. Reason: missed info
  10.    #10  
    I found the best way!!! Download the homebrew patch ENABLE LANDSCAPE PDF VIEWER. This did it! Thanks for all your help! Done and done!