View Poll Results: Have you removed your USB cover?

Voters
156. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

23 14.74%
  • No

133 85.26%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    HELL no. that'd make it look ugly and we baby our precious, yes we do, yesssss.

I find if you need to use it (i have a TS but i like to, y'know, actually put data on the phone, and seeing as how we're not allowed to have a bluetooth PAN... sigh), slide the phone open and you'll be able to get the door open more easily, less likely to damage it. anyone else found this?
    +1.
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Thats what the manual said to do.
    Still have the cover on my Pre - but it has shown signs of cracking.

Meantime, my Wife's Pixi, while a pain to get my fingernail in to open it in the first place, is so much more solid than my Pre.

If only the Pixi has Wifi ... sigh.
    mine is pretty new and it's sitll on. plus i have been very careful with it. (cost me 860AUD)
    Yes... I found it cumbersomeand pulled it off after 3 days of having the phone... do not miss it.
    Use USB for charging in the car: no problems
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    To open USB cover on Pre, slide phone open, then pry the cover open. Besides charging, media is uploaded or removed from the phone through USB.
    with a TS at home and in my car, the only time I use the USB port it to connect with my computer.
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    I charge my Pre at least twice daily via USB. I've been doing this since June and my cover is still as good as new. Maybe I'm lucky.
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by RafRol View Post
    I charge my Pre at least twice daily via USB. I've been doing this since June and my cover is still as good as new. Maybe I'm lucky.
    meetoo...........
    I dont understand why everyone doesnt have a TS. It's only $50!
    Thank me if I helped you.
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GrantHeppes View Post
    I dont understand why everyone doesnt have a TS. It's only $50!
    I opted to spend $ on a car-charger and an extra USB cable instead.
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
    If it's only $50..Buy me one then!
    When Life Gives You Lemons.....Squirt Them In Someone's Eye!
    we call it the 'hanging chad' - if it falls off no-biggie, makes charging it easier with the "fueltank" etc.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    maybe mine's just very solid... it just doesn't seem like it's gonna fall off, sits perfectly flush with the pre, seems fine.

hehe, the fueltank thing... wouldn't it be awesome if it could be connected to a switch, and you open an app where u pull a 'fuel cap' lever and it pops open? hehe
  17. anx
    I bought a Touchstone just because I don't want to use too many times that USB port...it really seems fragile, and open it it's annoying...

But regarding the poll...I still have it on...
    Hi all, nice to meet you all. I've been waiting soooo long for my contract renewal to get this phone. I picked it up yesterday and was being very, very careful setting it up...

Removed the back (even though I don't have any nails), inserted my SIM, replaced the battery, no problems. Started up like a dream. Thought I know I'll stick all of my music back on the phone, damn, where's the micro (mini) USB connector. So I read the "Quick Start" guide.

Damn, how do I open this thing???

I managed to get it half way open and then it came off in my hand!!!

Long story short, I'm obviously heavy handed and should have been more careful.
    Got mine at Radio Shack for $39.99 with the back TS cover. Purchase 3, 2 for my kids and 1 for my car.
    Got my TS as part of my upgrade deal...cost me nothing
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast