1.    #1  
    Please someone help. I have been sitting here for some hours now and chatted with tech support (doesn't know a sqwat!) and I'm still in my first position.

The phone finds my operator without any problems and signal is good. I get R symbol on the top-right.

I cant get passed creation of Palm Profile...
    It keeps saying "Profile creation failed"... and complains on the wireless network...

Please someone help me.

The phone is factoryunlocked from O2 in Germany,,,,
  2.    #2  
    anyone....please
    Are you using the unlocked german PRE? Are you using a swedish operators sim card?

I would guess the "R" stands for roaming. So for me it seems like you are not using a swedish sim card...
    Quote Originally Posted by nixnox2004 View Post
    Please someone help. I have been sitting here for some hours now and chatted with tech support (doesn't know a sqwat!) and I'm still in my first position.

The phone finds my operator without any problems and signal is good. I get R symbol on the top-right.

I cant get passed creation of Palm Profile...
    It keeps saying "Profile creation failed"... and complains on the wireless network...

Please someone help me.

The phone is factoryunlocked from O2 in Germany,,,,
    I had the same problem in Australia with an unlocked German Pre bought through Expansys with a Telstra NextG SIM card. And, yes, the "R" is roaming. When the phone is roaming you cannot create a profile (ie activate).

My solution was to borrow and try other operator's SIM cards. For me, an Optus SIM card detected network withour "R" roaming, so I could activate, then change SIM card back to Telstra, and the phone was fine.

My understanding is that Telstra NextG is a 850/2100 3G network, while Optus is 900/2100 (like Germany?) so that's why Telstra is "R" while Optus is not. I don't yet know how data charging is affected, but I think will be OK because local IP address.
  5.    #5  
    Yes, of course it is Swedish...Why would I say it is swedish if it isn't otherwise? :-S

I see that in the international operator list both Telenor and Telia works. My is Telenor and it finds the network and I can call to people when hitting orange button + #. But it cant create the profile. The idiots on Telenor doesnt know a ****.

Can I create this profile in some other way?
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Well, I have German Pre in Finland with Sonera (Telia-Sonera Finland) SIM and voice, MMS and data work fine.
    I read somethere here or in Palm's own forum a Swedish Telia's customer having some trouble.
    Another story from Sweden I read about was like this; this guy with Pre had to go to a place where there was absolutely, positively not a whiff of field of any other network than the operator's which issued the SIM. Only then Pre "aggreed" to make data connection directly over the "correct" network and got a success in activation.
    Sounds a bit weird, but maybe that's worth a try?
  7.    #7  
    Can I in some way enter my gprs and data connections manually eventhough I cant get passed Create Palm Profile? By USB, hidden menu etc?

Please help guys
    Hi,
    I have a O2 pre with Telenor sim in Norway. Now:
    A. If you have a pre with webos 113, you will need to either root your pre, and use webosmetadoctor, or (and I do not know if this is possible BEFORE you have activated your pre), download the webosdoctor from PALM and reflash your pre with the webos 131 version.

B. When having webos 131 and trying to activate and not getting access to data (3g), it will ask you if you want to enter the operator data manually.

For rooting your Pre, Start with this page (how to root your Pre): Portal:Accessing Linux - WebOS Internals
    Continue with this page (how to compile metadoctor and bypass activation): Application:MetaDoctor - WebOS Internals

Håper du kommer videre - det er fullt mulig!

Vennlig hilsen
    Anders H.
  9.    #9  
    Tack så otroligt mycket! Jag ska testa =)

Tack igen för dina tips.