Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    k so i went a got the pre a few months ago and really like it got tethering working and everything the only thing i miss about my touch pro is the voice recorder.does anyone know if theres an app like that for the pre yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by htcman724 View Post
    k so i went a got the pre a few months ago and really like it got tethering working and everything the only thing i miss about my touch pro is the voice recorder.does anyone know if theres an app like that for the pre yet?
    Is not, won't be until Palm releases an SDK that allows access to the microphone. Ditto for voice dialing.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    well that sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks.
  4. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    PALM didn't care for this feature.
    I am patiently waiting on a future APP.
    precorder can do it, but its still in testing phase.
  5. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by htcman724 View Post
    well that sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks.
    Hopefully it will be included in the next update or someone writes an app for that.
  6. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    It sucks that PALM missed such simple feature.
    This and the Video recorder are deal breakers for many.
    While I am not a fan of video recording using phones , I use phones are voice recorders.
    Palm just released its Ares SDK... Lets hope it accesses the microphone... Id think so seeing as how it looks like video is coming..
    Quote Originally Posted by CheshireFrog View Post
    Is not, won't be until Palm releases an SDK that allows access to the microphone. Ditto for voice dialing.
    Actually, not quite true. The HomeBrew video recorder will do voice only as well. No pretty interface yet and still very primitive, but it WILL work.
  9. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Actually, not quite true. The HomeBrew video recorder will do voice only as well. No pretty interface yet and still very primitive, but it WILL work.
    May be there are "non standard SDK " Linux functions that can tap the mic.
    With respect, the innovative Precorder's voice-only recording does not yet work, at least on my Pre; it records but with so many skips that it makes the recording unusable. Don't see the same issues when I record sound with video, though. {Jonathan}
    Prof. Jonathan I. Ezor
    Writer, PreCentral
    Past Palm Real Reviewer
    @webOSquire on Twitter
    voice recording hack coming very shortly, just be patient
    Bringing you the first video recorder (Precorder), the first SDL application/game (DOOM), the first "make my magicjack/corporate voicemail play on my webos phone thingy" (gsm codec package), and now, webos's first opensource media recorder (voice and stream!) -> zcorder
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan I Ezor View Post
    With respect, the innovative Precorder's voice-only recording does not yet work, at least on my Pre; it records but with so many skips that it makes the recording unusable. Don't see the same issues when I record sound with video, though. {Jonathan}
    That's very possible. I just did a short "testing 1 2 3, yeah this works" thing on mine.
    Voice recording is coming. They just wanted to get the video recording taken care of before they started working on that. There was a lot of work they had to do with video and I am sure they are probably exhausted from all the work. Right now if you use the precorders voice record only option, it will save the recording to your music app instead of in the precorders app itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prenosicator View Post
    voice recording hack coming very shortly, just be patient
    Patience is a virtue!
  15. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sevenlkl@yahoo.com View Post
    Voice recording is coming. They just wanted to get the video recording taken care of before they started working on that. There was a lot of work they had to do with video and I am sure they are probably exhausted from all the work. Right now if you use the precorders voice record only option, it will save the recording to your music app instead of in the precorders app itself.
    Did you test it ?
    I am PATIENTLY waiting on this feature .
    Deal breaker for me. Still using my Treo 800W for voice recording.
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    Did you test it ?
    I am PATIENTLY waiting on this feature .
    Deal breaker for me. Still using my Treo 800W for voice recording.
    I've used and tested the voice recorder function in Precorder. It works, but not the way most would like. When you record, it does not save it to the app, just saves it to your music app.
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    As a work around you can get a google voice account and call it and leave voice messages
    Quote Originally Posted by PreMium View Post
    As a work around you can get a google voice account and call it and leave voice messages
    True. That would work for now also if you don't want to install Precorder.
    Or as a similar workaround, you can use Jott.com, which texts and e-mails what you dictate to it. It works pretty well.