Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    If you had the chance, what would you change about your phone? Personally, I hate the location of the USB/charging and it's little door, which has since fallen off.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    I'd like a glass screen and a more durable casing.
    Quote Originally Posted by afortiori View Post
    If you had the chance, what would you change about your phone? Personally, I hate the location of the USB/charging and it's little door, which has since fallen off.
    +1 plus I'd make it just a hair thicker to accommodate an 1800-2200mah battery.
    landscape slide out keyboard, track ball, larger battery and better build quality.
    just a better build quality the rest is great!
    A matte black metal shell with a USB metal flip door. After that if they want to make the screen 1/4" bigger since the case is stronger that's fine with me too.
    1. Add a micro-SD slot.
    1a. Update the internal memory to 32 Gb.
    2. Make the keyboard buttons slightly bigger and a little taller.
    3. Glass screen.
    4. Internal compass
    5. FM radio
    6. Built in death ray. (I know the last one is off topic...just been one of those days...would love some good old fashioned mayhem)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gr3yGhOsT View Post
    1. Add a micro-SD slot.
    1a. Update the internal memory to 32 Gb.
    2. Make the keyboard buttons slightly bigger and a little taller.
    3. Glass screen.
    4. Internal compass
    5. FM radio
    6. Built in death ray. (I know the last one is off topic...just been one of those days...would love some good old fashioned mayhem)
    Love the Death Ray. Wounder if we could just make it a "Pause/Mute" button instead. Can see it now.... boss-mute, dog peeing on floor-pause, Wife-pause and hold....make it last longer...lol
    Better better better build quality and GPU enabled at launch time FTW!!!!!!!!!!! Everything else works for me.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    1-Glass Screen (also .5" bigger diagonally)
    2-More RAM for better multi-tasking
    3-MicroSD slot
    4-Forward facing speaker (just use a better speaker in the earpiece)
    5-Better build quality
    6-Compass
  11. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Must
    • A 1500 mAh battery.( Runs thru a workday).

• Bump the storage to 16 Gig and 32 Gig. ( More songs/photos).

• Replace the plastic back cover with matte looking sturdy piece. (No more slipping).

• Replace the plastic side frame with metal one. ( No More OREO as a result less warranty cost).

• Replace the center button with Track ball ( This is a big deal).
  12. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Nice to have

• SD Slot

• 5 MP Camera

• 3.5 inch Glass Screen
    1. USB location: anywhere but the right side
    2. Speaker location: Don't really know where else you could put it, but setting the phone down on a soft surface causes the sound to be muffled too much.
    3. Volume and power buttons: just poorly designed/implemented overall. Accessing the buttons with the slide open is far too much of a chore
    1. USB door/location. Put it someplace where the door doesn't break, and using the port doesn't cause screen cracks.
    2. The power button should be sturdier.
    3. Do away with the center button, use something like the Pixi's design for that instead.
    4. Just better build quality. I love this phone but whenever anyone asks about it I also have to mention you need to treat it with kid gloves.
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    the software lag.
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    I like a lot of these: Metal body, Put USB on the bottom so it can be left open and slid onto a cradle or something, Frontside speaker phone, Center button change to Trackball, Dpad, horizontal slide out keyboard, Mini rear screan for the camera that is revealed when the phone is slid open. Built in FM transmitter.
    A bigger battery and a compass are the only two big hardware changes I really wish I had.

(Compass isn't a huge deal, but it'd be nice when trying to use Nav when walking places- it's a little inaccurate with the direction you're going in at walking speeds at first, and don't always know where to go when it says "go north on..."
    1. better hardware build
    2. Faster processor
    3. 5 mp camera
    4. better speaker
    5. sd card
    6. more then 8gb
    7. better hardware ....yes 2x that important
    8. Better battery
    Are you serious a track ball,,,,Nooooooooo BBM PLEASE.Remember Pre is trying to be different. nuff said now my list. in orders from greatly needed to sure i take it,,,lol
    1. Better Battery
    2. sd card(so needs one) or bigger internal memory 16, 32 which ever works, but i think palm is taken this from the apple page, holding out,,,,
    3.Bigger Screem 3.5 would be nice
    4. glass screen would be nice, but i think it would make the phone heavier

im not going to say faster anything when it comes to the software, just cuz they still havent unlocked the F*cken GPU, then we see what happens,,,lol
    I hope they're aware and listening to most of you guys.

I'd like the build quality to be comparable to or better than all the competitors. Don't care if I have to pay $300+.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast