1.    #1  
    I absolutely need a checkbook program for my Pre! I'm still using SplashMoney on my old Treo 755p because this is how I balance my checkbook and finances! I'm tired of constantly pulling out my old 755p just to balance my checkbook. I've been checking the Pre App store constantly, and don't see any checkbook program. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks, Casey
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    I've been using "Checkbook" since it was in beta, awsome app for balancing check book
    "The union forces me to allow you to go to lunch in spite of the way you've played. Those of you with consciences will not be able to eat. And those of you whose consciences match your talents... go stuff yourselves. I hope you choke".....Maestro, The Money Pit
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    I concur! Classic is a $40 app that does nothing right now. Checkbook is a free app that I was ecstatic to pay $40 for.
    Treo 300,600,650,755p and now Pre
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by vbockius View Post
    I've been using "Checkbook" since it was in beta, awsome app for balancing check book
    Oh cool! Thanks! I just now downloaded this. It appears this program just recently came into the App store. It's the first program I've actually paid for through the App store for my Pre!!

One question. I'm wondering if there's any way to "synchronize" the data to my laptop (or to the clouds?). SplashMoney had the ability to synchronize the data to a standalone application on my computer desktop. Just my paranoia! Thanks, Casey
    Casey
    Global Posts
    887 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung View Post
    Oh cool! Thanks! I just now downloaded this. It appears this program just recently came into the App store. It's the first program I've actually paid for through the App store for my Pre!!

One question. I'm wondering if there's any way to "synchronize" the data to my laptop (or to the clouds?). SplashMoney had the ability to synchronize the data to a standalone application on my computer desktop. Just my paranoia! Thanks, Casey
    It has the option/ability to do a backup/restore to Google Docs. You go to "Preferences & Accounts" under the pull-down menu and choose "Import Data" or "Export Data". Then you enter your Google account info and the app takes care of the rest.

I do a backup every time a new version comes out. I'm also a bit paranoid about losing my data.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Habious View Post
    It has the option/ability to do a backup/restore to Google Docs. You go to "Preferences & Accounts" under the pull-down menu and choose "Import Data" or "Export Data". Then you enter your Google account info and the app takes care of the rest.

I do a backup every time a new version comes out. I'm also a bit paranoid about losing my data.

Very cool! Yes, I was able to export my checkbook information to Google Documents. This is the first time I've ever used Google Documents!

Thanks a lot! -Casey
    Casey
    I agree, Checkbook is one of the best written and most useful apps available for WebOS. I do not understand why more developers do not use the backup/ restore to Google Documents API.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  8.    #8  
    Hi guys, I just have one more question for those of you that use the Checkbook program.

When exporting the information to Google Documents, I cannot figure out 2 things:

1) How to show a running balance amount? The Google document only shows each entry amount, but not a running total of what's left in the account. Is this possible?

2) How to show the most recent entry at top of screen, instead of at the bottom?

Thanks! -Casey
    Casey
    Hi guys, I just have one more question for those of you that use the Checkbook program.

When exporting the information to Google Documents, I cannot figure out 2 things:

1) How to show a running balance amount? The Google document only shows each entry amount, but not a running total of what's left in the account. Is this possible?

2) How to show the most recent entry at top of screen, instead of at the bottom?

Thanks! -Casey
    The import / export is just data not calculations. If you want a running balance just add a column and put in the formula and copy it down the whole sheet.

For most recent entry at top just do a sort.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011

i just copy the folder for the app under the .app storage folder when in USB mode to backup my data. ALways preferred local backups when it comes to sensitive data like this. DOnt want GOogle to know how poor I am.