1.    #1  
    As of this morning, my EVDO/1x data connection is not working. I can make/receive calls just fine, but cannot perform data operations. Wifi does work fine. I have turned Wifi off, and I just have my signal bars and battery icon. I have checked the Phone app to make sure Data Usage is set to "On". I have toggled it off and back on and there is no change. I rebooted several times, but that did not help either. Any ideas?
    There might just be an outage in your area.
    what city are you in? Im in phoenix and I have been having the same problem recently....
  4.    #4  
    I'm in Memphis, TN, but the guy that's sitting next to me at work has a Palm Pre on Sprint and he has a data connection.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    I have been havng the same problem.. i'm in NY .. my time has also been extremely slow. ... i'll look all of a sudden and its an hour behind.. sorry i have no solution .. atleast we can join in this..
    Have you tried a full hardware re-boot? Shut down your phone, pull the battery, then re-insert/restart. If that doesn't help, I'd suspect a hardware problem (although I haven't heard of that particular problem before).
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by davis.rob View Post
    Have you tried a full hardware re-boot? Shut down your phone, pull the battery, then re-insert/restart. If that doesn't help, I'd suspect a hardware problem (although I haven't heard of that particular problem before).
    Yep, done a battery pull twice.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Call Sprint and have them check your account. It sometimes happens that they make a change on the wrong account. Usually this doesn't happen due to the PIN or password, but occasionally it does. Had it happen to one of my phones on my corporate account.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by jye75 View Post
    Call Sprint and have them check your account. It sometimes happens that they make a change on the wrong account. Usually this doesn't happen due to the PIN or password, but occasionally it does. Had it happen to one of my phones on my corporate account.
    I contacted Sprint and everything is set fine on their end. They took me through several steps to reset settings on my phone and it is still not working. They suggested taking it to a Sprint store to have it repaired.

I just don't understand what could have happened while I was sleeping for the data to stop working.
    put the phone on airplane mode....take airplane mode off....you owe me 5 dollars
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by odm4286 View Post
    put the phone on airplane mode....take airplane mode off....you owe me 5 dollars
    Did that twice before ever starting this thread. Thanks for the suggestion though.
    Call customer care and have them re-provision your data. This behavior indicates that your data profile is corrupt.
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V
  13.    #13  
    I worked with Sprint last night. They checked my account and found no issues. They have determined it to be a hardware problem with the phone. They are sending me a replacement free of charge. :-)