1.    #1  
    It seems that my battery life has dropped significantly over the past three days. I've used two different batteries and am getting the same results on both. No major changes to how I'm using my Pre. Anyone else notice this or am I alone?
    maybe u running ur im online all the time or ur emails are set to receive as arrive! check these points and down the bright on ur screen too!
    Here is some food for thought: Right now it's about noon on Wednesday for me and I'm at 44% battery left. I took my Pre off the charger Sunday at 5 pm. That's right, it's not a typo, Sunday at 5 pm. My Pre has been running for almost 3 days and I still have a little less then half a battery left.

My pre got: gps off, data off, screen lowest brightness, keyboard light off, blue tooth off. I'm at work for 10 hours a day, and I got ****ty signal here, got good signal at home.

What I used my phone for: Very little web/email each day, few phone calls/text messages each day. GPS and maps once really quick, and listened to music for total of two hours so far.
    Forgot to mention that I'm using stock Pre battery (the one that came with my phone) and I got a patch which shows actual battery %, not the exaggerated default one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayasinskiy View Post
    What I used my phone for: Very little web/email each day, few phone calls/text messages each day. GPS and maps once really quick, and listened to music for total of two hours so far.
    Ok, so essentially what you're saying is the way to get around the battery issue is to not use the phone?

I kept my phone plugged in all night last night. I unplugged it around 7 this morning...fast forward to now (9am) and I'm already down to 83%. At this rate I'll be down to 20% by 4.

Sure BT and WiFi are on, but I only made one phone call (2 min) this morning. Does BT and WiFi really suck that much battery power???
    Palm loyalist: Samsung SGH-i500>Treo 600>650>755P>Pre- #1>>Pre- #2>Pre- #3>Pre- #4>Pre- #5>Pre- #6
    did you install .44 magnum app? or any other sound apps from same developer? if so see my .44 Magnum thread.....
    "The union forces me to allow you to go to lunch in spite of the way you've played. Those of you with consciences will not be able to eat. And those of you whose consciences match your talents... go stuff yourselves. I hope you choke".....Maestro, The Money Pit
    lol exactly, if you want to make an omelet you have to brake some eggs. I'll see if my pre lasts through tomorrow as well.
  8.    #8  
    Yeah, I installed then immediately deleted 44 magnum. Good catch! Yet even though it's gone the battery still drains quickly. Interesting. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    1.3.1 fixed the IM battery drain. I stay signed into gtalk 24-7 now with no noticable battery hit.
    Quote Originally Posted by bonfilio View Post
    1.3.1 fixed the IM battery drain. I stay signed into gtalk 24-7 now with no noticable battery hit.
    aim hasent been a problem for me either but ever since 1.3.1 battery life is horrible and I use an extended battery. Also my phone loses a data connection about 3 to 5 times aday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Young HoV 718 View Post
    aim hasent been a problem for me either but ever since 1.3.1 battery life is horrible and I use an extended battery. Also my phone loses a data connection about 3 to 5 times aday.
    same thing with the post 1.3.1 battery life....it's been horrible. and my phone loses connection too but i think this started happening before 1.3.1
    this is my third pre. i can say the battery on this one is WAY better then the last. my usage varies but some things are consistent, g talk open, texts through out the day, 30 min or so of various internet surfing, several phone calls, 1 e-mail that pushes and two that check every hour. there are times where i use gps for 30 min or more.

i am actually impressed that my battery will last from about 8 am (or earlier) to about 5-7 pm. i have had plenty of smart phones and this is just what happens if you use your phone.

for those who complain, perhaps they need to go back to a standard phone.

for the record, even with a standard flip phone i would get the same battery life, i was NEVER able to get days of use.

i have noticed bluetooth and wi-fi seem to drain a lot faster. if i forget my jawbone, my battery lasts a lot longer
    Pre be with you.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. -- Winston Churchill

Happiness is not achieved by the conscious pursuit of happiness; it is generally the by-product of other activities. -- Aldous Huxley