Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I have a new Pre (used it for about a week) and from day one - the power button seemed a little problematic.

It only works if I press it really hard. For example, when the phone's screen is off a light tap on the power button doesn't wake it. Even a firmer press doesn't help. I have to press it right at the center and pretty hard to wake the phone up.

Since I have no other Pre to compare to, do you experience the same thing? Or does your power button work with a light tap on it?
    I will try to visit Best Buy / Sprint store to see how their Pre phones seem before trying to exchange mine.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    After using my pre for about 2 months i've noticed that too ...
    The build quality and place for the Power btn not good, i think if you replaced your pre then the problem will comes again after good usage time.

I hope someone make a patch to power the pre by double click the Home btn.
    my second pre had a power button issue. i would also have to press it really hard for it to come on and this was NOT normal because my first Pre wasn't like that. i took it to the store and they gave me a replacement. the new one works fine..i've had it for a little over a month.
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sagipe View Post
    I have a new Pre (used it for about a week) and from day one - the power button seemed a little problematic.

It only works if I press it really hard. For example, when the phone's screen is off a light tap on the power button doesn't wake it. Even a firmer press doesn't help. I have to press it right at the center and pretty hard to wake the phone up.

Since I have no other Pre to compare to, do you experience the same thing? Or does your power button work with a light tap on it?
    I will try to visit Best Buy / Sprint store to see how their Pre phones seem before trying to exchange mine.
    My first pre the power button just stopped working; I took it to Sprint and they exchanged it no problem.

Just go see Sprint or wherever you purchased it, and tell them your having a problem with it...there may be a small piece of dirt under it and can be fixed quickly and easily, or they may replace it.
    My first Pre had a great power button feel. My second gave no feedback (click feeling) so I turned the phone on and off in a frustrating cycle of Pre lag and button forcing, sort of like when I am switching from dial pad to call list and I press again because of long lag. That button issue was met with a third Pre that brought with it a nicely functioning button.

Good luck on your next one.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sagipe View Post

Had mine for three months and it hasn't given me any problems. It's got a satisfying click... I don't have to press that hard at all.
    My Pre's power button has just started experiencing issues after working perfectly since I purchased it in June. It takes a hard press to turn on the phone, and at times won't work at all. I'll be heading to Sprint for a replacement here soon.
    Verizon Pre 2, HP TouchPad

Catch me on Twitter

Google+ Me
    I have to press the volume up button really hard and sometimes I accidentally press my perfectly working power button in the process.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    All, thanks for replying!
    Guess I should replace mine while I am in the 30 days range then...
    Will be interesting to see Amazon's policy concerning that.
    still on my first pre 6/16 no problems with my power button
    Last edited by Warblad13; 12/09/2009 at 05:53 PM.
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Did you guys buy the warrenty ($7 a month) for the Pre? Say after 30 days of purchase if I have problems with my Pre what should I do? Does Sprint/Best Buy/Palm fix it for free or is there a charge?
    My power button works great, bought it 6/6/09, but since they updated it to the 1.3.1 they new power software where you click power then ask it to reboot, it does not work any more.
    My launch day pre had its power button stop functioning a few weeks ago and Sprint replaced it under warranty (with a refurb but it was in new conditon)

The power button failure seems to be pretty common.
    Mine actually works pretty well. I just purchased my pre last week, if that matters.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I bought my Pre from Best Buy in September and the power button stopped working last Wednesday. I had the same problem as described above but there was a nice click before. I took it back to Best Buy and they had to send it away. I'm still waiting to hear back from them to get it back.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Just talked to Amazon, they were nice enough to send me a new Pre as a replacement. I hope this one will be OK.
    Other than the power button, my current Pre is just fine.