View Poll Results: What is your Palm Pre's screen brightness set to?

Voters
153. You may not vote on this poll
  • 80-100%

12 7.84%
  • 60-79%

2 1.31%
  • 40-59%

16 10.46%
  • 20-39%

37 24.18%
  • 0-19%

76 49.67%
  • Even lower

10 6.54%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerkang View Post
    I set it to 10 (and keyboard off) during the day and at night I put the screen to 0 and the keyboard light to 10 or 15. I use Brightness Unlinked to set the screen and keyboard lights at different levels.
    quick question, what patch allows you to set different screen and keyboard lighting? I only see 'Brightness in Device Menu' and 'Reduce Minimum Brightness' when I search Pr3ware?
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tayl428 View Post
    quick question, what patch allows you to set different screen and keyboard lighting? I only see 'Brightness in Device Menu' and 'Reduce Minimum Brightness' when I search Pr3ware?
    It's an application called Brightness Unlinked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hernie View Post
    i wonder if there is a way for a patch to be written so that 100% would be like 50% of what we're getting now. Since thats where most of the people seem to be sitting anyway.
    The real 100% is too useful in high light conditions to be disabling it, eh?
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mxu030 View Post
    It's an application called Brightness Unlinked.
    Duh, I knew that, I guess I just pushed it to the back of my mental stack. Thanks.
    mine is at 0 and really could be lower in most settings. I have the brightness patch on the system menu if I need it brighter in a hurry.

the brightness unlinked is a lifesaver especially now that it runs without being open.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I wish I could go to -20 for using it an night. Even at zero it's too bright to be comfortable.
    I've kept it at 15% since forever... works for me it pretty much any lighting.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Screen @ 30%
    Keyboard @ 70%

I always thought the two linked together were disproportionate in proper lighting. Screen @ 30% or lower left the keys too dim in my opinion.
    Glad for BU and the patch to keep it rolling.
    I usually keep the screen at about 60 and the keyboard 0 in the daytime, then I bring the keyboard up to 100 at night (i love the way it looks when fully lit.) but seeing as so many people keep their screens at 0, I think I'll try that for a while and see what effect it has on battery life
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Lowest brightness possible and screen set to turn off after 30 secs. Want this battery to last as logn as poss before i have to recharge! Definitely notice a big difference.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12