Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees368 View Post
    obviously no video streaming apps, etc.
    The phone actually shipped with a video streaming app. The app catalog has half a dozen more.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees368 View Post
    Yep. We don't have a single good sports app, none of the weather apps alert you in the background to severe weather, obviously no video streaming apps, etc.
    Nobody is saying all the apps are great or that there isn't a need for better ones. But where does Palm draw the line? Do they arbitrarily decide that one fart app is better? Or is it the first one submitted? (that would cause app-squatting where people would push through an app to stake a claim!)

I tend to agree that there are a lot of junk apps, but I think that it's not in our interest (or Palm's) to get rid of them. It's an (evil) by product of the 3rd party app store, and no different than Apple.

So we probably all agree that there are some "Junk apps" and too much duplication, just don't agree with what should be done about it.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    The phone actually shipped with a video streaming app. The app catalog has half a dozen more.
    Not streaming that way, the other way. Something like QIK (runs on winmo, iphone, nokia phones, blackberry, etc), or even slingplayer.
    Who cares? Most apps are like this. It's a throwaway app market save for a hand few. What's most important for Palm is to get the quantity up because that's all the media pays attention to.
    We should get government involved in this; that would fix everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by bill.millett View Post
    Nobody is saying all the apps are great or that there isn't a need for better ones. But where does Palm draw the line? Do they arbitrarily decide that one fart app is better?
    Sorry folks, just can't help the way my mind runs.

Scene: A guy is gainfully employed and comes home from work, sitting around the table with his dear wife and 2.3 children gathered around:

• Wife So dear, how was work today.
    • Gainfully Employed Husband Fantastic, I finally got that whole fart app situation narrowed down to just two possibilities.
    • Wife That's nice dear, I know you've been struggling over it
    • GEH Yeah, well, I worked with Unpaid Student Intern, and he finally suggested that belch apps should be in their own category, and narrowed it down considerably!
    • 2.3 Children in unison Mom, can we have more beans??

I used to wonder if the guy that wrote the animation for the flying files in the filecopy process on Windows bragged about his work...
    look at the app download numbers for that crappy basketball app. All 30 apps or so he has put in has like a COMBINED 5 downloads in a full day or so.

obviously consumers aren't buying this crap app, which is pointless
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12