1.    #1  
    So I downloaded the webos quick install program for my macbook, followed all the basic instructions on how to install tweaks and patches and it worked beautifully. But then I wanted to remove one patch, but since I couldn't figure out how to do it, I tried the EPR which removed all of them.

Now, when I go to Online Repository and try to install Virtual Keyboard (which I had installed before doing the EPR and it was fine then), it tries to install it but fails, giving me an error and a LONG list of "patching file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/ ... " etc etc etc.

I tried doing more EPRs and making sure the "virtual-keyboard" folder was removed from the USB mode, but I still can't get it to install. How do I go about this?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Have you tried installing it via preware? located under patches??
    I just installed installed like 2 days ago with no issues. GL
    Sounds like you need a PC. I've hear of many problems with Macs and Quick Install. Its not the devs fault, its the Apple. Sorry you're having issues with Macs.
    swift kick in the jewels. lol
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    I had the same problem via Preware.

The IPK Log shows everything went smoothly until:
    /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/200.47/templates/kboardselector/char-ls.html

Shows already installed.

Would it be advisable to manually delete the file?
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    This is a common issue with the current VKB and EPR. It is due to a slight bug in AutoPatch Technology that does not create empty backups for files that are being created in a new directory. EPR does not then clean up those files because there is no backup for them. This is all fixed upstream and will be released along with the upcoming major upgrade to the AutoPatch Technology.

The workaround for now is to install the OBSOLETE Virtual Keyboard package found in webos-internals feed. This will just run a script that removes all the VKB created files and directories, and then remove itself. After installing this you should be able to install the Virtual Keyboard again via Preware or Quick Install.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    This is a common issue with the current VKB and EPR. It is due to a slight bug in AutoPatch Technology that does not create empty backups for files that are being created in a new directory. EPR does not then clean up those files because there is no backup for them. This is all fixed upstream and will be released along with the upcoming major upgrade to the AutoPatch Technology.

The workaround for now is to install the OBSOLETE Virtual Keyboard package found in webos-internals feed. This will just run a script that removes all the VKB created files and directories, and then remove itself. After installing this you should be able to install the Virtual Keyboard again via Preware or Quick Install.
    Thanks Eric. So THAT's why the obsolete one is still on the feed.
    Tom
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Removed my Theme. Ran EPR. Should be nearly show room stock.

Since EPR did not remove Linux Apps like:
    Diffstat
    Extract PDF Viewer App
    GNU Patch
    MvApp

Plugins like:
    Terminal Service Plugin

Services like:
    FileMgr Service
    Package Manager Service

That will be OK, correct?

I am having trouble removing Virtual Keyboard again. The trick of installing Obsolete Virtual Keyboard and removing it to clean out Virtual Keyboard did not work this time.

Any suggestions?
    Tom