1.    #1  
    This is my second Pre and I love it, it is still nice and tight. I have had on occasion had to re-tighten the screws but that's about it. I have about 4-5 dead pixels now and I have some light leakage around the gesture area(that I swear was there before the tightening of the screws). Should I risk getting a lose refurb or just stick it out. The screen leakage does not bother me that much but the pixels do. What would you do??

Please no troll type comments
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    If it bothers you swap it. If it doesn't bother you don't swap it.
    What are you going to use as the reason for getting a new phone. I don't think Sprint sees either dead pixals or light leekage as valid issues to give you a new/refurb phone. Is there another reason or defect you have.
  4.    #4  
    I called Palm not sprint and I told them I have six dead pixels and then he gave me the options. I still think I will just keep it, a loose slider bothers me the most and mine is tight. Thank you for your help.
    seeing some of the other problems phones have, if thats all that is wrong keep it. unless it bothers you that much. i have a couple of dead pixels but i only notice it when the screen is black and that is not that often
    Pre be with you.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. -- Winston Churchill

Happiness is not achieved by the conscious pursuit of happiness; it is generally the by-product of other activities. -- Aldous Huxley
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzard Jr View Post
    seeing some of the other problems phones have, if thats all that is wrong keep it. unless it bothers you that much. i have a couple of dead pixels but i only notice it when the screen is black and that is not that often
    that's when I notice mine. As far as the light leakage goes there are some that say tightening the screws will cause this. I don't see how, The back case have screw do not go into the front screen. They go the slider plate, the only way I think is if it would tighten it that much that it causes stress on the top. I really did not notice to much from it.
  7.    #7  
    its almost like something is rubbing the inside of the screen,looking at pictures on the web i can't reallt see anything that moves in there.
    Quote Originally Posted by rem_kujawa View Post
    its almost like something is rubbing the inside of the screen,looking at pictures on the web i can't reallt see anything that moves in there.
    hey just think if you get another one thats loose you can always tighten the screws lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by rem_kujawa View Post
    I have about 4-5 dead pixels now and I have some light leakage around the gesture area.
    It sounds like you've decided to keep your Pre, but just for anyone else having issues, it's worth pointing out that while some dead pixels are common on almost all LCD display production lines, the most common standard I've run into is 3 dead pixels on a desktop monitor to warrant an exchange.

That in mind, 5-6 dead pixels on a screen the size of the Pre is completely unacceptable, and a very solid cause for a return.
  10.    #10  
    now if i over tightened i could that would be a problem, or even the four little phillips that coulx couse cracks. but i never touched them.
    according to a trusted sprint tech friend, anymore than 3 dead pixels and the device can be exchanged. Of course outside the 30 days you are looking at a refurb, but it seems that is the number they are using.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  12.    #12  
    I have 4, but they are only stuck not dead. They do not display black. So the question is live with it or exchange and risk a POS. How many of you have a refurb thats nice.