Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    I am curious if anyone else is having a similar problem to what I am having and has been able to resolve it.

A week ago or so I got a new Pre. Before I picked up my new Pre I made a copy of PalmDatabase.db3, copied the contents of the usb accessible portion of the Pre and did a backup of my Palm Profile.

I got everything loaded up correctly on my new Pre and everything seemed to be working great except for one thing. I very rarely, if ever, get calendar reminders at all. Yesterday there were 12 events on my calendar. Most were from my Exchange account for work but there were a few Palm Profile events also. I received a reminder for one of those events.

I deleted and re-added my exchange account multiple times and it didn't help. I updated my PRL, my network settings, turned off network time zone and set the appropriate time zone in addition to multiple reboots. All the events appear on my calendar and I still receive emails from the excahnge account just fine. Everything appears as expected on my Pre, I just don't get any calendar reminders.

Last night I ran the WebOS repair utility on my Pre to make sure there wasn't a messed up patch installation that was causing the reminders to not pop up. Today I put events on every open spot on my calendar (with reminders 15 minutes in advance) and so far I have received a reminder on 1 out of 7 events. I suppose the next step would be to run WebOS doctor but I want to make sure there are not any possible fixes I am missing before I start from scratch.

Has anyone experienced similar behavior? Does anyone have any suggestions of any other possible fixes? Thanks in advance.
    Are you sure you didn't accidently set up the default event reminder to "none"? Open the calendar program and tap the menu at top left. Go into Preferences & Accounts and check your Default Event Reminder. Hope it helps!
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    The default Event Reminder is set to 15 minutes for timed events and 1 day before for all day events. All events on my calendar today have 15 minute reminders.

I would love for it to be an easy fix though...
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    I've done some more troubleshooting and noticed the following:

I only get reminders for an event if I edit the event after I am supposed to get the reminder. Here is an example of what I did:

I created an event on the Calendar for my Palm Profile that went from 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm with a 15 minute reminder. At 5:45 I did not receive a reminder as expected. I went into the event entry and changed the time of the event to 5:55 pm - 6:55 pm. Immediately when I swiped back to save the event my reminder popped up like it should. I tried the same scenario with my Exchange account and the behavior is the same.

I have no idea why it is doing this... all the data is there but the reminders are not occurring unless if the event changes during the time period that I should be getting a reminder.

Has anyone seen similar behavior?
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Bump!

Has anyone having a similar problem? Calendar events are syncing between my Pre and Exchange just fine. I doesn't matter whether I create the event on the Pre or on my laptop at work. The reminders just don't pop up, regardless of what the reminder is set to for the event.

The calendar's unsefullness is awfully limited if it doesn't remind me of anything that is coming up
    I have the same problem. Even worse is that they appear to intermittently work some days and some days not at all (for my recurring ones).

I think it has something to do with maybe swiping off the reminder instead of dismissing it.
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    I did some searching and found this thread on the Palm support forums:

WebOS 1.3.1 Exchange Calendar "Reminders" Popup 1 Hour Early Sometimes - webOS Software - Palm Support Community

It didn't work for me but maybe it will help other people out. Hopefully Palm fixes this soon, this worked flawlessly before 1.3.1 and actually saved my *** a few times for work. I am almost tempted to try to downgrade WebOS to the previous version with how much of a headache this is causing for me.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I've been having the same issue, since the 1.3 update. It works when it wants to. I've tried switching from Palm Profile to Google Calendar. It's very frustrating, and making me second guess my amor for the Pre.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Bump! Anyone else have this problem? Anyone found a workaround?
    Strudel, I know it's been a long time since you posted in this thread - so I'm wondering if you've found a solution. It's doing the same thing for me (I sync with Exchange). I get some reminders, but miss most - and I've ended up missing some important meetings because of it. I actually may consider dumping my Pre if I can't get this fixed. This is the most important part of my Pre! It's my calendar to keep me organized - yeah, even more important than the phone aspect! Thanks in advance for any possible solutions,
    --Kyle
    I'm also having a problem with this issue. I'll add an event and it will immediately move itself to the previous day. My google calendar is so messed up I can't even add events through google and expect them to accurately appear on my Pre. Someone suggested to me that the .db3 file first needs to be deleted off the Pre before replacing it with with the copied one. This may work only after a fresh install as I just tried it and didn't see any results.