Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    Hmmm ... that is a little less than 8 hours from when you created the memo. Interestingly, mine still hasn't backed up and I created a memo yesterday around 1:30 pm. I am probably going to wait until then to try downloading an app and see if that makes it update.
    Yes, I noticed that. I was going back and forth between WiFi and EVDO coverage, so I don't know if that had an impact or not. I've updated the same memo, so we'll see when my next backup occurs.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Quote Originally Posted by sth146 View Post
    Out of curiosity: How often is everyone's Pre on 802.11 when backups are (allegedly) supposed to occur? My theory is that it only backs up when the phone is on EV-DO only. Waiting for tonight to test this (mine was on 12/4 as well, for the record.)
    If there is any validity to that, then the only time I'm going to theorhetically get a backup done is while I'm commuting. I keep WiFi on while I'm at home (WiFi stays connected while on touchstone at night), and I turn my phone off while I'm at work because I'm in a secure site with no coverage.

Hmmm. You might be on to something.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    I honestly don't think that has anything to do with it. I very, very, very rarely use wifi. I sometimes forget I have it. Did I mention I barely use wifi?
    Mine has not backed up since 12/8. I created a memo and it did not help. I am going to try and see if there is an app that I want to download and see if it will backup then.
    After seeing this thread it made check when my last backup was done. Curiously my last back was also on 12/04. I just did a manual backup and the phome prompted that it was successful. I guess I have to wait and see if that will initiate the daily backup again.
    +1

Turned off backup and back on with a new manual backup to see if it works by tomorrow.
    hmm still 12/4... time for a manual backup.
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    12/3 for me.

I had this problem once before and I fixed it by turning off the backup and then turning it back on again. I just did this again and then performed a manual backup. We'll see if it fixes the problem this time.
    Update: My has been backing up automatically since I turned off the backup function and then turned it back on.
    12/3 here, 3:15 AM. Interesting to say the least.
    Mine had stopped also, but recently, as in the last few days, has started doing it itself again. Different time of day though. Used to be consistently at 3:44AM and now is backing up at 8:09AM.
    I had this problem too, but I think a deeper one than people who are solving it with turning backups on and off (when I tried that, my phone just hung). Doctored it because I didn't think I'd made major changes since 12/2. Everything came back fine. Backups now appear to (actually) be a daily occurrence.
    12/4 was the last one for me as well.

I only use EVDO, no patches, hacks, or other modifications.
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    I stopped backups and reenabled and it's still
    not doing them automatically.

ian
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    I stopped backups and reenabled and it's still
    not doing them automatically.

ian
    Pretty much seeing the same thing here. Stopped backups and turned them back on. Last backup was 12/15 at 9:29 am after I did it manually. It did not backup this morning and I have even downloaded an app since my manual backup on 12/15. This is getting a little worrisome.
    My Pre has NEVER automatically backed up. I got it in late July and it was in November that I realized the problem and have manually backed up since then. I called Sprint about it three weeks ago and they told me to take it to a local repair office. That was on 11/25/09. A tech there told me Palm was working on backup fixes and he had just that morning received notification the fix would be coming in about two weeks - which would have been last week. He suggested I wait to see if that fix takes care of the problem. Well, so far, nothing. I still have to manually update. I feel safe in that I backup to Googel and to my home MS Outlook files but I wonder why they can't seem to get this to work correctly.
    Is anyone also having the "No Service" and losing Ev/Service problem with this? I was having this with the back up but it wasn't as problematic as the "No Service" issue.

To resolve the "No Service" issue, Spring replaced my Pre. Since I've had it back (2 days), the "No Service" issue comes back after each automatic update. So I do a partial restore, and all works fine till the next automatic backup.

Another forum suggested my palm profile may be corrupted and indicated that it should be deleted by turning off the automatic backup. Then resign in setting up a new profile.

Before going though all those hoops, has anyone else tried this? and to what result?
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Stearns View Post
    My Pre has NEVER automatically backed up. I got it in late July and it was in November that I realized the problem and have manually backed up since then. I called Sprint about it three weeks ago and they told me to take it to a local repair office. That was on 11/25/09. A tech there told me Palm was working on backup fixes and he had just that morning received notification the fix would be coming in about two weeks - which would have been last week. He suggested I wait to see if that fix takes care of the problem. Well, so far, nothing. I still have to manually update. I feel safe in that I backup to Google and to my home MS Outlook files but I wonder why they can't seem to get this to work correctly.
    I followed the recommendations of a few of you and for the first time since I got my Pre five months ago, it is backing up automatically. Yesterday after posting my comment (quoted above) I turned off auto back up and deleted the previously backed up files. Then I turned auto back up back on. Today my Pre backed up by itself. This forum is quite a resource! Sprint should require its techs read it!!! Thanks to those who posted the fix!
    Last edited by Doug Stearns; 12/19/2009 at 02:45 PM.
  18.    #78  
    Well, I'd almost say that if this many people noticed AFTER reading the post that it wasn't backing up...that it deserves a post on the main page.
    Quote Originally Posted by LarrySteeze View Post
    Well, I'd almost say that if this many people noticed AFTER reading the post that it wasn't backing up...that it deserves a post on the main page.
    I'd almost swear that Precentral.net has posted a few articles on this already.
    no 'Thanks'
  20.    #80  
    Not that I've seen.

I've seen issues with backup...but everybody's backup stopping on one exact day, and the only way to get it to start syncing again is to turn it off and then on? Not that one.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast