Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 100
  1. #41  
    was also stuck on 12/4, so I turned backup off and on again and then manually backed up. After that it looks like I'm getting a new automatic backup daily.
  2. ttkk1's Avatar
    Posts
    42 Posts
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    #42  
    Noticed 12/4 for me earlier in the week as well, but have done a manual backup since, thought I was the only one and I had done something to my phone with patching. Glad to know that it is likely a (palm) server problem.
    Handspring Visor Deluxe, Platinum; Visor Phone, Palm Zire 72; Treo 270, 700p; Centro x2; Pixi, Pre
  3. #43  
    After reading the article about backups on the main page i went to check my last backup date and it was 12/04. It was backing up on a regular basis but since 12/04 it has not done an automatic backup. I have had to do it manually since then.

    I turned off and deleted old backup. Went into edit palm profile entered password exited. turned back on and will wait to see if it does an automatic.
  4. #44  
    12/3... I had to tap the backup button right now...
  5. #45  
    Interesting. I manually backed up when I made my post on 12/8. That is the last time it has backed up. It still says 12/8. I like the theory though that it doesn't back up unless there is a change to certain files though. I will try and download an app or something and see if that makes it back up.
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    Interesting. I manually backed up when I made my post on 12/8. That is the last time it has backed up. It still says 12/8. I like the theory though that it doesn't back up unless there is a change to certain files though. I will try and download an app or something and see if that makes it back up.
    Rather than download an app, try adding or modifying a Memo/Note. Those are supposed to get backed up by the Profile. So if that theory holds up, then a backup should get triggered at the next window.

    FYI, same situation happened with me. I performed a manual backup day before yesterday (12/8) and this morning it still said the last backup was then, so I performed another manual backup at 12/10 7:30AM.

    I have created a new memo. So we will see if the Backup program does a backup in the next 24 hours.
    Last edited by Insp_Gadget; 12/10/2009 at 10:14 AM.
  7. #47  
    I also tried switch off and on without deleting existing. Still no auto backup. Manual seems to work. At least no error message. GSM Pre O2 Germany
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by scott healey View Post
    After reading the article about backups on the main page i went to check my last backup date and it was 12/04. It was backing up on a regular basis but since 12/04 it has not done an automatic backup. I have had to do it manually since then.

    I turned off and deleted old backup. Went into edit palm profile entered password exited. turned back on and will wait to see if it does an automatic.
    For the first time last night in 5 days my backup happened automatically again. The only thing i did differently was what i stated above. Not sure if was happenstance or something i did encouraged it.
  9. #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    Rather than download an app, try adding or modifying a Memo/Note. Those are supposed to get backed up by the Profile. So if that theory holds up, then a backup should get triggered at the next window.

    FYI, same situation happened with me. I performed a manual backup day before yesterday (12/8) and this morning it still said the last backup was then, so I performed another manual backup at 12/10 7:30AM.

    I have created a new memo. So we will see if the Backup program does a backup in the next 24 hours.
    I also created a memo and am going to see if it backs it up in the next 24 hours.
  10. #50  
    12/4 here. Just checked and I'm doing a manual backup to see if this kicks in the auto sequence again.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  11. #51  
    I too have experienced infrequent automatic backups for about the last week, similar to what others have reported. I can only accomplish if I force the manual backup, which has thus far been successful. I have done this the past 4-5 days and my phone sits idle for many hours overnight and even during the day, still no auto-backup.

    It's as if the phone attempts to perform a backup operation but may fail due to unknown reasons, though no error received. Perhaps a server/cloud issue like others surmised? Speculation at this point.
  12. #52  
    How do you know the backup was successful when not doing a restore? No error messages doesn't mean a successful backup. We all red about the lost contacts.
  13. ttkk1's Avatar
    Posts
    42 Posts
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    #53  
    turned off backup, reset phone then enabled backup and now my auto backups are working again, but now they are happening at 4:20pm each day. They have always happened in the 2am-4:30am previous to 1.3.1. strange!
    Handspring Visor Deluxe, Platinum; Visor Phone, Palm Zire 72; Treo 270, 700p; Centro x2; Pixi, Pre
  14. cporta's Avatar
    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    #54  
    My last auto backup was 12/4 as well for both pre's in the house. Did a manual backup on both but auto backups have not started yet.

    Question, when I went to turn off auto backup it says that all palm profile data will be erased. Where will it be erased? Will it erase everything from your phone or erase it on the palm server side?
  15. #55  
    I just had to manually backup again today.
  16. #56  
    Automatic on 12/10 @ 3:15pm. Hmmm.
  17. ttkk1's Avatar
    Posts
    42 Posts
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by cporta View Post
    My last auto backup was 12/4 as well for both pre's in the house. Did a manual backup on both but auto backups have not started yet.

    Question, when I went to turn off auto backup it says that all palm profile data will be erased. Where will it be erased? Will it erase everything from your phone or erase it on the palm server side?
    The backup copy on Palm's server is what is deleted.
    Handspring Visor Deluxe, Platinum; Visor Phone, Palm Zire 72; Treo 270, 700p; Centro x2; Pixi, Pre
  18. #58  
    Out of curiosity: How often is everyone's Pre on 802.11 when backups are (allegedly) supposed to occur? My theory is that it only backs up when the phone is on EV-DO only. Waiting for tonight to test this (mine was on 12/4 as well, for the record.)
  19. #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    Automatic on 12/10 @ 3:15pm. Hmmm.
    Hmmm ... that is a little less than 8 hours from when you created the memo. Interestingly, mine still hasn't backed up and I created a memo yesterday around 1:30 pm. I am probably going to wait until then to try downloading an app and see if that makes it update.
  20. #60  
    12/4 for me
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions